** Worst Universe Autobot Release **

Bizzmoff

What has been the worst Universe Autobot release so far?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. What has been the worst Universe Autobot release so far?

• Autobot Ratchet/Inferno
    • Depthcharge
    • King Atlas
    • Optimus Prime/Ultra Magnus (RID)
    • Optimus Prime/Ultra Magnus/Ironhide/Prowl Spychangers
    • Optimus Primal
    • Sideburn/Prowl
    • Silverbolt/Snarl
    • Skydive/Striker/Triceradon
    • Other

10 slots are just not enough sometimes. Anyway, my Wal*Mart already has Sideburn and Prowl on clearance!! If the one you hate is listed with one you like I'm sorry.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll say Rachet and Inferno. I just don't like them.

Umm has Snarl and Silverbolt been out or have the just came out? Cause I have never seen them. Unless there where one of the first releases then I probally missed out on them.

Umm has Snarl and Silverbolt been out or have the just came out?

They were in the first wave. Very good figures imo.

post-26-1086149202.jpg

Oh, i think the worst is yet to come.... anyone remember the pre-production photos of Armada Sideswipe's Universe conversion(s)?

of course a cheap way to market that would be to make that mold into a generic warrior/cannon fodder character that there's an army of them, so kids keep buying more and more (like modern day sweeps, lol). And Gawd! I hope no one from Hasbro reads this and thinks it's a good idea.... :tfpuke

Dude, Depthcharge shouldn't even be mentioned on a "sucky repaint" list, even if you're trying to be all-inclusive. He's just too dang cool. (And I also have to voice my luv for Snarl -- nice job there.)

IMO any of the Car Bros. repaints would do it for me. The original color / paint schemes were so great that anything else looks like crap anyway, even if it isn't. And these are. Bleah.

Them yellow Primes don't look to good, but I am tempted to vote Inferno/Ratchet simply for the fact that there are still piles of the figures in EVERY STORE near me.

Okay, you just convinced me. Prime it is. Not only because of the yellow, but because they were too damn cheap to change the color of his chest from red to yellow. Total ass.

Them yellow Primes don't look to good, but I am tempted to vote Inferno/Ratchet simply for the fact that there are still piles of the figures in EVERY STORE near me.

Okay, you just convinced me. Prime it is. Not only because of the yellow, but because they were too damn cheap to change the color of his chest from red to yellow. Total ass.

I agree. I voted for the car brothers, personally, but that was because I could only vote for one. :tfgrin

The beasts/dinosaurs are okay, the Blackarachnia figure is cool, but do we really need an 1,000,000th version of Ruination/Bruticus? Or another version of the Armada seeker mold? Or a repaint of Armada Thrust (who only looks good in jet mode anyway). I remember when I bought Universe Ratchet. What a letdown. I had seen the original figure before, but I don't recall it being so damn cheap. :tfmad The stickers made me want to :tfpuke

Hasbro has an array of molds and colors they can use, but then they go and pick either the worst molds or use the most vomit-prone colors they can.

Marketing guy #1: "Hey, let's do something with that RID Prime mold. A lot of people seemed to like it."

Marketing guy #2: "That's a good idea, but we really need to profit from it, so lets use that cheap Yellow Vomit #912 color on it."

Marketing guy #1: "Let's do that. Also, I don't think we need to change the red chrome bit on the chest. It'll blend in perfectly, because I'm color blind, and we'll save/make ourselves a little more money."

There has to be a better way.

I can see it...

Archived