Ratchet Original Concept Art

Beast Megatron

He.....has......hands! :eek

CJ

:tfdance

Hence why it was scraped. Amazing how real the hands look. Who knows, maybe they weren't to wtf'ish.

Yep, Michael Bay said, "Hands!? Are you kidding me? Redesign it down to what kind of vehicle he turns into, now!"

The haters continue to make tons of sense.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It looks cooler, but the neon greenish color on the final version is more and more common nowadays...

it's basic psychology that humans are attracted to bright greenish colors because if you're a caveman then bright green plants are an indicator that water is nearby. this is why so many tf toys have greenish colors on them, to make them more attractive to the primitive stone-aged minds of the children who buy them. as some one who has evolved beyond the stone-aged thought processes, i can safely say that the coloration on this toy is much better but i can understand why they would want to bulk up the final version since the decepticons are so much bigger than the autobots.

Hm, maybe could this be the explanation why I want more green TF's :schin

Actually, there not really that many green TF's out there. Piles and piles of red and blue, but not so many greens in comparison.

Back on topic. Think I prefer this Ratchet over the other. Not just because I like red better, but I also like the shape of the robot more.

I like this design much better than the one they are using.

But I wonder what the reaction would of been if this was THE design.....and the one they are using would of leaked out.

The psychology of it all facinates me.

I thought the other guys had hands

okay let me clarify, you can clearly tell that they're hands (humnoid looking). All the other "hands/probes" are wtf'ish. They probably had Inspector Gadget style fingers in mind for that rendition. Go-Go Rachet mig welder.

I thought the other guys had hands

okay let me clarify, you can clearly tell that they're hands (humnoid looking). All the other "hands/probes" are wtf'ish. They probably had Inspector Gadget style fingers in mind for that rendition. Go-Go Rachet mig welder.

IIRC the Transformers' hands used to disappear and get replaced with tools all the time. Jazz had a towline, Ironhide had a liquid nitrogen thingy, Ratchet had a welding torch, etc.

But I have noticed that in general, the movie Autobots look more human than the Decepticons do.

All that aside, there's still no good reason why alien robots should have human-looking hands.

Archived