Returned TFs at the store that aren't the original toy

FreedomGundam

So yeah.

Everytime I run across a return at Wal-Mart, TRU, etc etc, where the figure inside isn't the one that's on the box, I take a picture.

I hate it when this happens, and I'd gladly kick the a$$ of whoever's been doing this, but sometimes it's still interesting to see what people do when they want to steal a toy. And sometimes, not even a good toy at that.

Anyhow, here we go:

#1)

KO RiD Mega-Octane and Ro-Tor in a Cybertron CD Red alert box.

tfx01.jpg

This one's funny, because it got marked down $5 from the full price of $40CDN.

#2)

Cybertron Costco Exclusive 2-Pack (RiD) Optimus Prime in a Cybertron Galvatron box

RiD Optimus Prime in a Cybertron Optimus Prime box

tfx02.jpg

I suppose the customer service might've let RiD-Prime/Cyb-Prime pass, but RiD-Prime/Cyb-Galvatron?...

The RiD Prime in the Cyb-Prime box might've also been the Costco 2-pack Prime, but without the super-head/chest-plate, I couldn't tell...

#3)

Cybertron Red Scrapmetal in a 6" Titanium Megatron box

tfx03.jpg

No blade, no Planet Key included, from what I can tell. I personally think the thief kept the inferior toy, however...

#4)

Some cheapo dollar-store toys in a Cybertron Quickmix box

tfx04.jpg

This one was impressive. They took the time to cut up the Planet Map and paste it over the inside of the box to hide some of the holes for the twist-ties.

#5)

Energon Steamhammer and (KO?) Technobot Nosecone in a Universe Tankor + Obsidian box

tfx05.jpg

This one's... funny. I'm not sure if the Nosecone is real or not, but it's most likely a KO. Tossed inside the box were Nosecone's... nosecone, and a Cybertron Jungle Planet key.

#6)

Classics Night Rescue Minicon Team in a Classics Dinobots Minicon Team

Classics Dinobots Minicon Team in a Classics Night Rescue Minicon Team

tfx06.jpg

More of a mix-up than a theft. Somehow, I can see some of these names working, though: Triceratop=Strongarm, Pteradactyl=Divebomb, T-Rex=Firebot, Helicopter=Swoop, PoliceCar=Knockdown... But the fire engine as "Terrorsaur"? Ha!

That's it for now, I'll post some more when I find more (which is hopefully never).

Feel free to post any of your sightings.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've seen stuff like this before and it really pisses me off. Especially if it's a character I was looking for. I was impressed once though when someone shoved an Energon Prowl into Cyb Crosswise's packaging. Prowl didn't fit at all, but he still got taped up and put back on the shelf.

Archived