Wal*Mart, Target and Alternators

Bizzmoff

What are your local stores doing?

I saw the layout sheet for the shelves at my Wal*Mart and they have a spot for Alternators. Target has some as well. Wally World went for a while without stocking the Alts, now they're back. I wonder what the deal was... I thought they were going to be re-releasing the older ones that were so hard to find: Deadend, Meister, etc...

some walmarts in my area are clearancing their alts. Others are not, same for target. I still need wheeljack and camshaft. :redface

no alts where I am. sad really.

The Walmarts in my area have restocked well since Christmas. Alts, Titaniums, Classics and even fresh cases of Cybertron toys. I finally was able to pick up Downshift and Excellion yesterday along with Alt Skids and Ricochet. I have noticed that Classics just don't stick around on the shelves - all the Hot Rods, Starscreams and Grimlocks get picked out of the assortments. Titaniums fly off the shelves - except for Scourge.

The Target stores here in Denver...most of the time they have great TFormers selections. Many however, have not stocked anything since the Holidays, and I have not seen Alts at the Targets I've been to in a while (three /four months?).

I have not been to a TRU since September, perhaps? So I can't say...I'm always disappointed when I go there anyway. What happened to the TRU stores of the 80s? You could find everything there in plentiful quantities. Now...well, it just isn't the same.

On another note, I have not seen a clearanced Transformer since the end of the Armada line.

After the holiday reset it looks like only one of the WalMarts (out of 3 stores) and none of the Targets (about 4-5 stores) I go to regularly are going to carry Alts anymore. All of the TRUs around here gave up about a year ago on Alts around the time of the Sunstreaker, Prowl, Skids and Tracks wave.

every time I see alts restocked it's Prime, Rollbar, Ricco, and Skids......Yeah......not. I have all of those except Ricco for obvious reasons. I've only seen Cammy once.

every time I see alts restocked it's Prime, Rollbar, Ricco, and Skids

The Fry Electronics near me put out about ten thousand cases of these guys. I saw them and thought, "Well, too bad they'll never be able to restock with newer figures." Sigh...

Archived