Is Hot Shot and Excellion the same guy in Cybertron?

Bizzmoff

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Swerve was not seen in the Galaxy Force episodes.

Ok, cool. I just found where he was a US only repaint. I really like the Hasbro backstory on him. He sounds a little like Technobot Lightspeed to me.

The form that Swerve has now is actually his 16th body! He started in a form that was close to the size of Crumplezone – it was heavily armored and SUPER slow. With his mega-impatient personality driving him ever faster and harder on the track, he began to bootleg and manufacture body parts to streamline his own form. Finally, he achieved a perfect balance between exhaust spitting speed and plasma blasting firepower. It also doesn’t hurt for any body-moddin’ bot that in the crash and bash races in the bowels of Velocitron there is a never-ending supply of decimated body parts too...

This bio is from the card back I think?

In 2006, a new character with the name Swerve will be released as an American-only repaint of the scout class toy Clocker. This Swerve is nothing like the original as his bio shows:

Impatient and short-tempered, SWERVE is a robot whose processors run so hot he was forced to install a backup exhaust system just to compensate for the excess heat. After his suspension from official races for poor sportsmanship, he found himself in the seedy underground oil-sport racing circuit. There, running races in which the last robot standing is declared victor, he's finally found an outlet for his temper, and a use for his lightning fast reflexes and sharp-shooting skills.

In 2006 a special edition of Swerve was available in Walmart stores which contained a DVD with the episode "Cybertron" as a promotional item - despite the fact that he wasn't in that episode.

His colour scheme, combinded with Clocker's design resemble the original Hot Rod from the G1 Series.

Notes

Up to this point, there has never been a Transformer named Swerve with his own original mold - he has only been a repaint or remold from someone else but the running theme of a Swerve toy being red and white in color continues.

neat li'l bit of info. Swerve is also an excellent TF. :)

Definitely better than Clocker IMO.

So you know all subsequent deluxe/scot repaints don't appear anywhere in either series. Some don't even show up at all. Hardtop/Swindle, that Decepticon hovercraft/can't remember his name, & possibly others I can't remember because they're all in storage right now & I don't want to dig em up.

Same goes for Deluxe Canonball, & Skywarp. Cool but just like Excellion, & the speedia leader/can't remember her name either, nothing more than elaborate repaints

The best idea is to have the upgraded guys maybe behind the regular guys. I mean you can have some progression in your display. I have toyed with the idea of having toy line displays vs show character displays. Unless you live in Japan where they don't make toys for guys not in the show, you are kinda limited.

Interesting titbit.

Early Gonzo concept-color render of Clocker that became the inspiration for Cybertron Swerve. From Hasbro's San Diego Comic Con display, photo by Altered States Magazine.

Swerve wins as a repaint imo, and his character is especially well done on the bio and cyberkey info.

A nasty Autobot :eek

post-5161-1170630088_thumb.jpg

As far as I know, Excellion was never in the show. Hot Shot went from the blue car to the blue armored car. Red Excellion was just an exclusive figure in Japan, and in the US he was released as a seperate character completely.

You know, I swear I saw him in the final US episode. Just for a couple of seconds, in the background, but I'm sure it was him.

Kind of like how Longrack (and others) had brief cameos...

Episode 51 or 52? And withen which scene?

He was one of the genrics boarding the ships. He was there for a second or two. If I remember correctly.

If it interests you Swerve, and Excellion along with Blurr, Longrack and Overdrive GTS can be seen in the new Club storyline Sands of Sandoken, which also features Cannonball, Astrotrain and his band of merry-Minicons

Archived