Is Hot Shot and Excellion the same guy in Cybertron?

Bizzmoff

I display my Excellion next to my CYB Hot Shot too, but I also display my G1 Bluestreak next to Prowl and Ironhide next to Ratchet -- they're still separate characters (yeah, yeah, I know that the Datsun and Onebox Bros aren't strictly straight repaints, but you get the idea).

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Separate! :) i also have a habit of renaming guys that are just wearing new colors, and MAKING them separate. Helps quell that little voice in my head that says "why are you buying the same toy again?!"

i also have a habit of renaming guys that are just wearing new colors, and MAKING them separate. Helps quell that little voice in my head that says "why are you buying the same toy again?!"

Same here! I even write separate bios for them, as you can see here. ;)

Separate characters, like everyone else said... I have both figures, Hotshot and Excellion, for me the selling point of the repaint, was hasbro using one of the japanese names in the western toyline...

they are different, but i want an excellion, i do have hot shot...i only saw him once, and didnt have the money for him...

i usually dont like repaints either, but cybertron was full of ones i want

Ok, new question along the same lines... was Swerve (Clocker repaint) in either series? On the Hasbro website he's a different character but I don't know what the US or Japanese show has. I know it really doesn't matter but I'm curious.

Archived