Where did you come from?

SUN STORM

I've been down in the dumps, so as I always do when I'm troubled, I decided to watch my entire run of Transformers. But something troubles me, the inconsistancy of characters. I realize that when your a kid you don't care how the new character got there, your just excited that there is someone new. But did they not take into cosideration that some people would want to know where these characters did come from. One minute you have you have a team of 6 and the next episode you have 4 new people and no explination. I guess I'm kinda of silly but it just kinda got on my nerves that the autobots and decipticons keep multipling and you were supposed to act like they were always there. Which brings me to my next question...

WHAT THE HELL HAPPEND BETWEEN THE END OF SEASON 2 AND THE MOVIE?!?!

There is a huge gap there. Is there some Japanese episodes that link the 2 together? Wasn't Scramble City supposed to be between and do that? I have it, but it actually doesn't fit. Because if it did happen prior. Then why did Metroplex transform in SC and not be able to in the movie because of his Cog. But, I might have just watched to many Transformer episodes and not know what day it is.......it is Sunday right?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

beats me, ask king poseidon. he know a lot more about the TF anime than me

As far as I know, "Scramble City" was the first episode of the first Japanese series after the end of Season 3. (all I know for sure is that it comes after "The Return of Optimus Prime" and "Rebirth")

I don't think they ever explained what happened between Season 2 and TF:TM. We just jumped ahead to 2005.

Since the movie was done (if I remember correctly) when Season 1 started here (US), they probably left that gap on purpose, so they wouldn't have any conflicts between the end of Season 2 and the movie.

*shrug*

*EDIT* Oh, yeah.. it was Autobot City that couldn't transform because of the faulty cog, I believe, and that was one of the early Season 3 episodes. *EDIT*

that's what DW was gonna do according to all the internet rumors back then. But yeah, we need someone to fill in the 20 yr gap here

Guest Primal-Convoy

my only answer is: It was a war and therefore there were LOAAADDDSSSS of TFs. The cartoon didnt show them all the time, but theye WERE there. Sometiems they popped back to cybertron, or were on other planets/parts of Earth, etc.

some info to go with an earlier post... "Scramble City" was the precursor to TF:The Movie, but only Japan got it... the episode "introduced" a lot of the TFs we would see in the movie, like Ultra Magnus... oh yeah, and "Gestalt Madness" TM... pretty much the cartoon version of Destroy All Monsters...

another topic i'd like to introduce is continuity... i prefer this route as opposed to watching the next episode and seeing the new recruits just hanging out, like they'd always been there... i really enjoyed TF:Armada because they would always introduce the characters and give them a bit of a story besides just handing them out like candy on Halloween...

mykie

Since the movie was done (if I remember correctly) when Season 1 started here (US), they probably left that gap on purpose, so they wouldn't have any conflicts between the end of Season 2 and the movie.

uh...if you're saying that they did the movie before they started season 1...that's wrong and I don't know where you could have gotten the idea.

uh...if you're saying that they did the movie before they started season 1...that's wrong and I don't know where you could have gotten the idea.

From this:

http://adctalk.com/index.php?showtopic=1956035&hl=

(and if you can't be bothered to go look at that..)

* Transformers The Movie was written in 1984, the same year the series debuted on T.V. This explains why later characters in the cartoon series were not in the movie.

It may or may not have been -produced-, but it was written already.

think of it this way...back then cartoons, and the fans were not that big on the details. Transformers WAS an american cartoon untill rebirth. As someone stated once, it was a 22 comercial for toys. Some of the figures that were in the movie (magnus, Blaster, etc) were in previous shows so they had the molds and toys ready. I mean there is the whole mishap of the Constructicons origin...Bruticus apeared in an episode BEFORE Starscream's Brigade. To be blunt, in 1984 they really didn't care. Now in 2004, we have cartoons that are actual stories...that have continuity. Look at Batman, the new He man, etc. It's mostly from the fact that since anime is huge now, kids are expecting real stories. If someone apears, they WILL ask "Where did he come from". Did you ever ask where Thrust, Dirge, and Ramjet came from? of course not! you were maybe 5,6, of 7 years old, and you were just hoping that maybe you'll see Megatron transform this episode...

-=Starscreamer=-

Archived