Redesigning Optimus Prime

Darkhammer

My Version

Prime

I would make Prime A Semi Cab (original I know lol)that is a cross between G! and cyb with other sources included, with two or three optional trailers, a G1 Style cargo trailer, a Cyb style "battle trailer" for war time that would combine to form a supermode (probly back pack style), and maybe an Armada style trailer just for the reference, he will have a face plate in both modes, and Id bring back roller and Hi-Q, allthough I dont think he will be an engine

Ultra Magnus

I know this thread is about Prime but I had to mention him, I would not be a repaint but would be very simular, he would be a "war cab", an amoured semi cab if you will, resembling CDT Red alert, and will have two trailers, auto carrier (g1) and a battle trailer, he will probly have two super modes im not shure, I think I'm just going to do the battle trailer as part of the super mode, the back pack componet will be interchangeable with Primes, for alternate super modes and maybe vehicle modes, they will combine to form Omega Prime but im not shure how im going to go about that, might have to use somthing different than the back-pack super mode feature

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Other Ideas

Maybe Prime could be a reddish-orange sports car with yellow flames and yellow rear fin, and no face plate and.....oh wait thats Hot Rod

I ask for Hot Rod cause I gues Ill never see an Auceps (Bumblemus) Prime

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The RM Starsaber toy has awful posability. No rotating fists or bending knees. The legs do not even move forwars either. A really bad toy.

I woud not mind seeing a completely new leaded now with totally new design. A Cybertronian starscruiser would be awesome though the Autobot leader may also be a sixchanger (with 6 good modes like Sixshot). No super mode though and he should not combine with any other toys.

Leave that Blot to other characters.

Well, I'm a HUGE G1 fan and I loved the concept of the "good leader turning into a big Red semi truck".

The truck was bigger than all the other car soldiers and his wisdom and power were all on 10!

Now, if I were to redisign Prime I would continue the trend left after Galaxy Convoy.

I LOVE that figure! It is the BEST incarnation of Prime since G1 (with the exception of MP1).

Tall. Strong. Loaded with details and homage to the G1 truck, too!

Supermode is a plus. At first I didnt like it. I just gave GC super shoes and flipped his mask up. But now, I clad him with all his armor and weaponry to make him the supreme Autobot Commander that he is...

Anyway, Prime should be red, Blue and silver with hints of yellow details. Blue eyes work for me but yellow is fine, too. He should be tall with long legs. The upper body should be strong and tough. Shoulder pads are optional but smoke stacks are required... Wings I could live without...

I even loved the Hot Rod "pipes" on the sides of GC forearms... Great homage!

Now the vehicle mode can absolutely evolve. A big vehicle. Guns or tools to help others. The original G1 Prime had a Med Bay with Roller and a droid. I was never a big fan of the Med Bay, but it worked... RID Prime was a Fire Truck which "helps" others. That was perfect for Prime.

I gotta give the Post G1 designers credit. I agree with many of thier incarnbations of Prime... Exept Energon Prime... What a failure... I collect all Primes and Megatrons from each line, but Energon Prime is in my "to be sold" bin... Sorry.

I also enjoyed Powerlinking Prime with Ultra Magnus in RID. Great concept for two great heros!

Those figures are fantastic!

Well, anyway I know I didnt give any of my fellow fans any radically cool ideas for "the next" Prime. I guess what I'm saying is, as a true Fan I like the direction Prime is developing into. Now that we've (finally) seen the proto of Movie Prime (not FAB Prime, the one with the smokestacks!). I'm very happy.

Thanks TFans! Keep the disscusion going!

I'll be back...

Okay well hey, get rid of that face plate. Prime's a friendly guy, so he should have a mouth to show off his big kitten loving smile.

Next, make him something fast. Sports car, concept racer, something that gets to the problem fast. Give him a nice, lithe and athletic bot mode.

Colors? Whatever colors you want. Maybe something unique, but Autobot. Powder blue torso, pink eyes, yellow highlights, maybe reddish legs?

Combines with: nothing.

We'd have a Prime who thinks things through, that would ultimately have self doubt that he isn't a perfect being. Kinda worried that he hasn't his forces respect, even though they do show unwavering loyalty. Maybe have a few troops who think they COULD do a better job leading...and Prime could let them, just to let the stress off for a moment, before realising his responsibility.

Perhaps a great strategist, but a green soldier? Something fresh?

Okay well hey, get rid of that face plate. Prime's a friendly guy, so he should have a mouth to show off his big kitten loving smile.

MACHINE WARS'D!

Next, make him something fast. Sports car, concept racer, something that gets to the problem fast. Give him a nice, lithe and athletic bot mode.

MASTERPIECE GOBOT'D! :P

Colors? Whatever colors you want. Maybe something unique, but Autobot. Powder blue torso, pink eyes, yellow highlights, maybe reddish legs?

MASTERPIECE THUNDERCLASH'D!

My favorite and top is already the MP Prime. That's his iconic look, feel, and character. No need to make new variations on the same theme. The only thing that could improve it would be like.. light-up LED eyes instead of just light piping or if he was motorized, hehehe.

Only new versions of Prime I wouldn't mind seeing are like toys for those off-continuity stories, like Guido Guidi's designs for the Evolutions: Hearts of Steel series -- a different Alt mode yet still carries all the characteristic features of Prime: tough build, similar head design.. strong, tough, can-rely-on-him-to-carry-the-day stature. Colors don't need to be exactly the same, but I'd say the general contrast of tones behind the colors should feel like him (if you see Guidi's design for Megatron as an old style artillery gun, the colors are different but it still feels like Megatron, and moreso to me than the G2 megatron did).

Outside of that, I kinda like Valandar's idea. Build a new story of a new leader and legend. The only trick is that this guy would have to earn his character and reputation somehow (not like how they handled Rodimus Prime). And perhaps, like Valandar said, this doesn't need to be The leader of all Autobots everywhere, just a diff story of some smaller group of Autobots elsewhere, perhaps still on Cybertron during the 4m years Prime and Megatron were on Earth. Maybe the story doesn't need to be about a leader who's a legendary champion in history like Prime, but just a smaller de facto leader who still matters in their own situation. Hmm...

...I gotta give the Post G1 designers credit. I agree with many of thier incarnbations of Prime... Exept Energon Prime... What a failure... I collect all Primes and Megatrons from each line, but Energon Prime is in my "to be sold" bin... Sorry....

Link him up with Energon Wing Saber and he won't suck balls as bad as he does in his normal Super Mode (or with Omega Supreme, but with Wing Saber is better). Both figures suck alone, but together they're pretty decent. Namely the flight mode combination. The battle mode combination is kind of blah.

well IMO galaxy convoy is one of the funnist toys in a long time RiD and the BW primal's only just beat him

this is mine keep in mind is about a year old now so skill wise ive improved as you can tell hes pritty anime stlyed

Archived