Classics "Skyfire"

tentagil

Decided to build myself a more "Skyfire" style back pack for classics Jetfire. Now he's ready to blast some Decepticons while studying the stars.

Critiques are of course welcome.

First some jetmode pics.

img1320dp3.jpg

img1319hn1.jpg

Tried to get a jet mode that was fairly close to the "Skyfire" look as seen in the toon. The pack uses the mounting block from Classics Jetfire as the base, then I mounted the cockpit of a SWTF Emperor Palpatine shuttle to the front, then added the tail wing assembly from a junker G1 Jetfire on top. Lots of putty, styrene, and epoxy filled gaps and evened things out. Then I mounted the booster parts from the Classic Jetfire fast packs to the back of the shuttle. Several layers of red Krylon Fusion and some detailing with acrylic silver and black finished him up.

You'll also that I moved his hand gun. I drilled a hole in the stomach area thats covered in bot mode and shaved down the sides of the gun to fit, then mounted it underneath the jet.

Now the bot mode.

skyfirela6.jpg

The pack stays on for transformation, and thanks to some more silver detailing its got that strip on the underbelly of the shuttle pack. That Skyfire had. Its about the same weight as the fast pack that came with him so he's not back heavy or anything.

Archived