Alien insects

orionpacks

Why is it that whenever hollywood does a movie about aliens they have to make them look like insects? Most of the Movie designs look like bugs. Why can't Megatron have normal hands? Why do they look like bugs? Superman was an alien and he looked just like a human. I think most average people who remember the Transformers from their childhood or had siblings who collected Transformers are going to walk into the theater and go, "Who the hell is that?".

I think the movie will be good. I just don't think it will be the Transformers. If this movie was called giant robots from planet Z it would rock.

Hollywood blunders another property by changing the source just like they did with Godzilla 2000, Catwoman and I'm sure countless other licensed properties.

Now let the bashing begin.

1. Insects are in herintly foregn and strange to us (IE alien). Thus they are great for a base for extra terestrial life forms. They are used more prominatly now because the previous standard was lizards and reptiles.

2. Godzilla 2000 specificly refers to one of the japanese made godzilla movies were only a slight redesign was done to the famous kaiju. No one has ever found fault with it on the grounds of redesign from what I know of. I am assumeing you are refering to the american made movie simply called Godzilla which most seem to utterly hate because of it's differnces to the original source material. I happen to like it but what ever.

3. Why are you TRYING to start arguments? You know full and well this mode of conversation will lead to no where good so why start it? This will probably locked soon by the admins just so you know.

Oh I thought this was news. :redface

My mistake.

The Transformers designs have always been either toys or cartoons. There has never once been a Transformer designed to work in a "real life" setting. This is the first time that Transformers has EVER been put in a live-action context. And guess what they would look like in a real movie, if their designs weren't altered:

THIS

Either you want people to take Transformers seriously, or you don't. Pick one.

Simple, insects are freaky looking and its very hard to relate to an insect. They dont feel emotions; sympathy, love, honor, friendship are all foreign to insects. So if you want a bunch of heartless badguys make them insects.

• 1 month later...

All I hear from everybody Is this movie Is gonna suck, so if they dont look like Superman who cares I think this movie is gonna kick A**. This is just another way to look at the Transformers If you dont like the fact that they look like bugs dont go watch the movie. Aliens are supposed to look different some look like bugs some dont so who cares what there hands look like or there faces. :slap

Superman defies reality worse than the Transformers. Not only does he look human, he can get one knocked up. Spoiler'D

Superman defies reality worse than the Transformers. Not only does he look human, he can get one knocked up. Spoiler'D

But he's also an organic alien as opposed to a robotic alien. It's a completely different level of disbelief suspension.

It's like saying that since James Bond can have secret missiles in his car, why can't the Duke Boys?

Wait. Damn. Missiles in the General Lee would rule.

:redface

Archived