What do you think about a TF Alternator CGI series?

Valkfan

Hello all. I haven't cared for any of the TF cartoons since G1 but don't consider myself a G1 purist. I like the Beast Wars CGI series although I'm not a major fan of robots passing themselves off as anything biological. I would love to see the Altenator's made into a CGI series. Unlike the new movie, these Transformers actually have humanlike faces that resemble their respective characters. This of course makes sense since their insignia looks humanlike. The main toyline is already established and many of us would really like to see the toyline continue after the movie hype has passed. They could create a deluxe line for those who don't like difficult transformations or $20 toys. All I ask is that they resemble Transformers, have a good storyline and don't have to announce their transformation like they usually did in BW. Who knows, maybe if we and the other TF communities got together, maybe we could start a petition and persuad Hasbro, MAYBE. What do you guys and girls think?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd prefer an Alternators TV series to the movie. Though I doubt Hasbro's rights to use real car designs extend beyond anythign but toys. And even if they did, it'd have to be a show when no one ever got damaged (those car companies don't want people seeing their cars get banged up).

Okay, my post before was a bit curt, so I'll elaborate and tear apart the one that started the topic!

Hello all. I haven't cared for any of the TF cartoons since G1 but don't consider myself a G1 purist.

Translation: 1985 was when things started going downhill for me.

I like the Beast Wars CGI series although I'm not a major fan of robots passing themselves off as anything biological.
Translation: Despite it being the premise of the entire toy line, I am against change.
I would love to see the Altenator's made into a CGI series. Unlike the new movie, these Transformers actually have humanlike faces that resemble their respective characters. This of course makes sense since their insignia looks humanlike.

Translation: I have not heard of "name reuse", and also I will overlook that more than 50% of the first two years of G1 toys had very unhuman like faces and body proportions.

The main toyline is already established and many of us would really like to see the toyline continue after the movie hype has passed. They could create a deluxe line for those who don't like difficult transformations or $20 toys.
Translation: I refuse to accept the fact that Alternators was a line aimed at collectors, and not little kids. Hasbro should cater to the minority of their audience!
All I ask is that they resemble Transformers,

Translation: Again, I will ignore how the many many toys from G1 didn't look very human like, completely disregard Transmetals/TM2s, Beast Machines NEVER happened, and other such things.

have a good storyline and don't have to announce their transformation like they usually did in BW. Who knows, maybe if we and the other TF communities got together, maybe we could start a petition and persuad Hasbro, MAYBE. What do you guys and girls think?

Translation: Help me, My ruby tinted nostalgia goggles won't come off and I am afraid they are warping the perception of how the world works. Online petitions sure are effective!

I'm sorry for sounding so jaded, I mean it in jest, but as I see it, the movie Transformers are no less Transformers than other car to robot toy sold by Hasbro in the last 20 years.

Okay, my post before was a bit curt, so I'll elaborate and tear apart the one that started the topic!

I'm new here so I'm not sure if you like to keep things positive or if you just come across that way so I'll say this. You're not as intelligent as you think you are so don't attempt to further translate what I say because you're wrong and you come across as a jack***. Nuff said.

the movie Transformers are no less Transformers than other car to robot toy sold by Hasbro in the last 20 years.

My topic wasn't limited to what TOYS Hasbro has sold over the last 20 years. A majority of the Transformers, G1 cartoon included have human likenesses. Why does it matter? Just look at the new leaked image of "Movie Megatron." Really, I hope someone is pulling our leg on this one because his mugshot looks like a cross between a creature from the movie Alien and a sphincter or something that comes out of one. Battle mode or not, he'll convey about as much expression as Johnny 5 from the movie Short Curcuit did in the 80's. You won't know whether he's angry or if he just needs some Preparation H.

it would have a better audience as a comic book imo. cartoons need t odo well to the whole market, comics can be aimed at more specific groups

I have to admit that an Alt/BT series on TV wouldn't be too bad, though it's not very likely to happen. Most likely the next TF show might be about kids making friends with TF's, like the previous shows have been. Why would they cater for the adult fans when they can try to cater for kids who would badger their parents for a Transformer like they saw on TV?

-~`,/

really ive never cared for alternators...when smokescreen came out i got him thinking cool but it whent a bit meh since then...i got swindle and mr dead but other than that im not fussed...as to a tv series i wont happen and i dont want a really cheap cgi looking thing it would kill my love for the genre more than energon was doing...if they could do it like the citreon advert then it would be cool but they wont fork that budget when they can nick another jap cartoon series and just sub it...besides at the moment the film aint looking as massive as would of liked over here...mr ross gave it a bit of plug on film 2006 but apart fromthat nothing...look at that top 70 crud..unless 70 was most popular the nation as they say aint holding their breath out on this one....but if the film does smash box office records we might get a cheap fan comic of some sorts but again i shant subscribe

My topic wasn't limited to what TOYS Hasbro has sold over the last 20 years. A majority of the Transformers, G1 cartoon included have human likenesses. Why does it matter? Just look at the new leaked image of "Movie Megatron." Really, I hope someone is pulling our leg on this one because his mugshot looks like a cross between a creature from the movie Alien and a sphincter or something that comes out of one. Battle mode or not, he'll convey about as much expression as Johnny 5 from the movie Short Curcuit did in the 80's. You won't know whether he's angry or if he just needs some Preparation H.

They have a reason for making the TFs look the way they do. They tried turning the original cartoon models into real models and stick them into the movie. It looked goofy and they weren't going for goofy, they were going for big summer blockbuster with a release date that of a national holiday, so the theaters will be packed and stuff, so they wanted something that would appeal to the fan base and possibly bring in people who may not have much interest in the series, but still want to see this new take on it (ala my father and brother who have both told me they want to go with me to the midnight showing (if there is one)).

Archived