Transformers Versus Hollywood

MISP Steve

Harry Potter suffers from the fact that it is technically (in movie terms) a 4th sequel at this point and alot of the kids that started watching from movie #1 are teens now who may not care so much about Harry's adventures, but seeing big robots on screen blasting each other? That's another story.

Have you seen how many seemingly respectable adults go all googly over Harry Potter? (im looking at you Pete) And dont give me that "its for kids and adults" bull. It is NOT Lord of the Rings and never will be.

[/fantasyfanboyheadexplodey]

i guess i should have added that I am as big a fan of the books as Pete :tflaugh and it is for kids and adults.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Harry Potter suffers from the fact that it is technically (in movie terms) a 4th sequel at this point and alot of the kids that started watching from movie #1 are teens now who may not care so much about Harry's adventures, but seeing big robots on screen blasting each other? That's another story.

Have you seen how many seemingly respectable adults go all googly over Harry Potter? (im looking at you Pete) And dont give me that "its for kids and adults" bull. It is NOT Lord of the Rings and never will be.

The Chronicles of Narnia aren't Lord of the Rings either, but they're still classic children's books (which I enjoy reading). And let's not get pretentious about "stuff for kids" when we're all posting on a Transformers message board kthx. The Harry Potter books are absolute children's classics, and as such are enjoyable for people of any age to read. But obviously they don't have the stature of Lord of the Rings.... I think anyone who were to make such a comparison would be kind of an ignorant tard.

point being though that HP5 will do very very very well at the BO.

The Chronicles of Narnia aren't Lord of the Rings either, but they're still classic children's books (which I enjoy reading). And let's not get pretentious about "stuff for kids" when we're all posting on a Transformers message board kthx.

It is ironic that you failed to spot my irony. I thought the headexplodey bit might have gave it away...

• 1 month later...

Hollywood sucks all they like are movies about Queers or Dykes or crap like that, If movies have guns or the Military all those leftwing Protectobots do is whine and cry thats why so many of them do not like the Transformers or good movies like that. I have a message for those Hollywood liberals. :foff

Archived