Transformers Versus Hollywood

MISP Steve

Well I still think it's going to kick ass for us fans. I really could care less whether or not the general public likes it or not. I mean think about it: If the movie fails as a movie, what effect does that have on fans? NOTHING. We got an awesome movie that we didn't expect years ago and we should be happy with that. Just because the movie doesn't top everything else doesn't mean Transformers is over and done with. :P

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting... The latest issue of Empire magazine reckons there's a good chance that Transformers will be the BIGGEST hit of the summer (and that includes Spider-man 3, Pirates 3, Shrek 3, Die Hard 4 and Harry Potter... 9?)

Well I still think it's going to kick ass for us fans. I really could care less whether or not the general public likes it or not. I mean think about it: If the movie fails as a movie, what effect does that have on fans? NOTHING. We got an awesome movie that we didn't expect years ago and we should be happy with that. Just because the movie doesn't top everything else doesn't mean Transformers is over and done with. :P

not to mention that it's still gonna come out on dvd so we win both ways

Interesting... The latest issue of Empire magazine reckons there's a good chance that Transformers will be the BIGGEST hit of the summer (and that includes Spider-man 3, Pirates 3, Shrek 3, Die Hard 4 and Harry Potter... 9?)

i'm seeing a lot of hype from all over the place, not just the transformers community. the piracy community was upset that a screener of the movie wasn't included in the oscar member packages, and i gotta be hoenst with ya, i havn't seen this much anticipation come out of that crowd in a LONG time. the excitment is up in the anime community as well, as alot of anime fans grew up in the 80's.

Let Spider-man and Cap'n Jack knock each other out I say. Then Optimus Prime will swoop in and pick up the pieces.

Let Spider-man and Cap'n Jack knock each other out I say. Then Optimus Prime will swoop in and pick up the pieces.

indeed

i think the last movie i watched in the theater was the santa clause 2, and i only went then as a night out with the wife. i much rather prefer to watch movies at home however an acception will be made for this movie at least one time (i'm gonna try my ass off to go opening day).

EDIT

speaking of which i should probably call the theater and see just how far in advance i can buy tickets

And then we can worry about Harry Potter and The Simpsons. They come out after Transformers does. If Transformers doesn't take the #1 spot its first week it's in trouble. Those other two movies will come in and take the #1 spots their weekends guaranteed.

And then we can worry about Harry Potter and The Simpsons. They come out after Transformers does. If Transformers doesn't take the #1 spot its first week it's in trouble. Those other two movies will come in and take the #1 spots their weekends guaranteed.

Despite the fact that the Simpsons movie looks gosh darn awful :(

Archived