Frank Welker is Megatron!

Elita-One

"We just received a very interesting tidbit of information, while I stand behind my studio sources that claim that Frank Welker will indeed be Megatron, another reliable studio source is telling me that as of two weeks ago, Hugo Weaving was also a leading contender for the role of Megatron. Frank Welker or Hugo Weaving? Hmm, something to think about".

Full Story:

http://www.seibertron.com/news/view.php?id=9177

I'll believe it when it's someone besides Seibertron confirming it :tflaugh

not that I find it unlikely to be true

Once again, for the umpteenth time, What Pete said. (he's in me brain)

Doh!

i thought this was actual confirmation

:pfx

Interestingly though IMDB already has Frank Welker listed as Megatron.

Wish that was a confirmation. :redface

"One of our sources tells the IESB that Michael Bay and Steven Spielberg never expected the legions of Transformers fans to rally behind both Frank and Peter the way they have, fans have been vocal and their message went all the way to the top."

I like how they think TF fans were the most vocal about this.

I'd say there has been way more outcry over the movie designs, and I'd bet that most of those who "rallied behind" the original VAs would trade them in an instant for more traditional designs.

Although, to be fair, during preproduction there was zero fan input on the 'bot designs, because I have the feeling that everyone simply assumed that the movie designs would essentially look like the Alternators. So everyone was much more concerned with the characters to be chosen and the VAs. :tflaugh2

Archived