New Movie Ratchet, Longview Images

Peter_Van

The toy design for Ratchet looks pretty good. But he just doesn't convince me as being Rachet. I think this guy would have been better as G1 Brawn with different colors and theme. This guys looks too tough.

The binoculars bot mode is sweet! I will definately try to get him.

maybe he isn't supposed to remind you of g1 ratchet.

maybe he isn't supposed to remind you of g1 ratchet.

:redface

Yes I know this has been discussed like a million times already how this is not G1. I recognized that, I just put the G1 with Brawn so as not to confuse with perhaps another character from another line called Brawn.

I was just trying to say he looks very brutish, and doesn't seem to look like he is out to fix anyone. Its like painting Crumplezone from Cyb and saying here is your new Wheelie, now deal with it because its not G1.

in Beast Wars, it was always Rhinox who did the fixing... he was the largest bot there, and it never bothered me. It's all going to come down to personality of the character.

in Beast Wars, it was always Rhinox who did the fixing... he was the largest bot there, and it never bothered me. It's all going to come down to personality of the character.

You make avery good point. But right now we can only base our opinions on the images. We have no reference yet on their personalities. If I had seen images of Rhinox before the show aired and was told he is the fixer of the group, I probably would react the same as I am with Rachet. I would have said that Rattrap would fit that role better. But having seen the show I enjoyed how they came out. We only have the images to go by for this right now. After the movie, I may post saying how cool Ratchet was, once the personality is fitted to the images we see.

But just to state again, I do like the toy design in itself. Can't see the name connected to the body at this point.

O I C well that's kind of the issue all around here i guess, people making judgments before the movie is even out but then it comes back to "we are here to discuss" so it's a catch 22. I'm just trying to stay open minded about what may be coming, and looking at stuff that's released now as it is. Ie, he's a cool looking robot and toy, whatever role he may or may not play in the movie.

Archived