Welker, Weaving Runners For Megatron Movie Role?

Peter_Van

Nope, Welker.

The CG redering of the Megatron totally fits.

(Aside from how Weaving normally sounds I can't see him doing another voice.

Kay with the design would be cool but just not as opposing as Welker's Megatron.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reposted from the locked topic:

"One of our sources tells the IESB that Michael Bay and Steven Spielberg never expected the legions of Transformers fans to rally behind both Frank and Peter the way they have, fans have been vocal and their message went all the way to the top."

I like how they think TF fans were the most vocal about this.

I'd say there has been way more outcry over the movie designs, and I'd bet that most of those who "rallied behind" the original VAs would trade them in an instant for more traditional designs.

Although, to be fair, during preproduction there was zero fan input on the 'bot designs, because I have the feeling that everyone simply assumed that the movie designs would essentially look like the Alternators. So everyone was much more concerned with the characters to be chosen and the VAs.

Ok you protective types. Think of this:

1. What if they cast Welker but botch the flanging so he doesn't sound the same?

2. What if they cast Welker but all his lines suck?

Wouldn't it be better if Weaving got to say lame lines?

Weaving would be an interesting choice. While everyone is all-up-on's about his Mr. Smith, I think his voice as V in V for Vendetta was interesting. He can become harsh in the voice when he wants to, and Megatron's movie version just embodies that emotion in every sense.

Welker is a nostalgic choice, and we've already got some Gee-wun in there with Cullen, I think Weaving could stand a chance.

• 3 weeks later...

I prefer a fresh voice for Megatron for the movie.... Hugo Weaving is my choice!

at least it isn't Gary Chalke-David Kaye part 6

I dunno, I hate to sound like a party pooper, but I'm kinda thinking, that given the overall othe worldly looks of most of the Decepticons that I've seen thus far (i'm sure I havent found all of the pics yet) that whomever the choose to play the role of Megatron will have their voice distorted in such a demonic/mechanical way that we really won't be able to really identify with it.

I come to this theory based on design/color differences of the Autobots vs Decepticons. I almost expect Megs to sound more like a much more menacing and masculine version of the Daleks from Dr. Who.

I come to this theory based on design/color differences of the Autobots vs Decepticons. I almost expect Megs to sound more like a much more menacing and masculine version of the Daleks from Dr. Who.

:rofl

I see what your getting at though, the bots deffinetly seem more human than the cons (If that makes sense?) and I doubt the cons would be sounding too familiar from anything we've had before.

Archived