Welker, Weaving Runners For Megatron Movie Role?

Peter_Van

Hugotron-"Mr. Optimus....So glad you could....make it today. It seems, Mr. Optimus....that you've reached...the end of the road."

I do love how you put things TMan.

I would bet that it will be Welker that actually gets the role. I don't know who I would personally like to see as Megs. They have their own unique style that may or may not work out depending on the character (esp since this is not G1 Megs). I would think use Welker to fit w/ Cullen and have more G1 nostalgia, Kaye for in my opinion the best villian voice currently out there, Weaving to bring some depth to the character. Ah, who am I kidding, Megs don't need no depth... just make him eeeeevil. Welker or Kaye it is then, and since Kaye apparently isn't being considered, yeah Welker!!!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It annoys me when people assume that just because a famous actor is cast in a role - that he is only capable of repeating the same character and same lines from his old films. :roll

(i mean how many of us got tired of hearing Hobbit/Smith jokes?)

That being said - Tman your post made me laugh.

I didn't think of matrix at all anyway - i immediately thought of "V". But it does seem a more suave and Kay'ish choice for megatron.

Which makes me wonder - do the decepticons even speak english? (well if they are considering A-list voice talent, then i guess so)

At this point i could go either way. The design we have seen certainly could be the brutal G1 megs or the more sly Kaye'ish megs.

Who knows, Weaving is a good actor. It might even be a completely new characterization that we havent thought of.

It annoys me when people assume that just because a famous actor is cast in a role - that he is only capable of repeating the same character and same lines from his old films. :roll

(i mean how many of us got tired of hearing Hobbit/Smith jokes?)

That being said - Tman your post made me laugh.

I didn't think of matrix at all anyway - i immediately thought of "V". But it does seem a more suave and Kay'ish choice for megatron.

Which makes me wonder - do the decepticons even speak english? (well if they are considering A-list voice talent, then i guess so)

At this point i could go either way. The design we have seen certainly could be the brutal G1 megs or the more sly Kaye'ish megs.

Who knows, Weaving is a good actor. It might even be a completely new characterization that we havent thought of.

I'm glad you laughed, cause I was joking. I completely realize he wouldn't do that in this movie. I think he's sound closer to what Kaye was doing in the first place, just less over the top and femine sounding (I love Beast Megs voice (I imitate it myself at home) but he kinda reminds me of Scar from the Lion King. We all know what he sounded like, Reowl! :ghey )

With Hugo Weaving voicing megs, i'd probably be all in anticipation of his arrival, where as i'm not so hot on welker or kaye

I AGREE WITH THE HOT ROD

Hugotron-"Mr. Optimus....So glad you could....make it today. It seems, Mr. Optimus....that you've reached...the end of the road."

I do love how you put things TMan.

I would bet that it will be Welker that actually gets the role. I don't know who I would personally like to see as Megs. They have their own unique style that may or may not work out depending on the character (esp since this is not G1 Megs). I would think use Welker to fit w/ Cullen and have more G1 nostalgia, Kaye for in my opinion the best villian voice currently out there, Weaving to bring some depth to the character. Ah, who am I kidding, Megs don't need no depth... just make him eeeeevil. Welker or Kaye it is then, and since Kaye apparently isn't being considered, yeah Welker!!!

bolded for truthiness

Archived