Let's play "Identify This Transforming Toy"

Rook Jones

When I was very young I found this unusual figure at a fleamarket somewhere, and since I was crazy for anything that transformed (even those McDonalds Happy Meal transformers that turned from burgers into vaguely robotic things), I got it. Since I had no idea what he was, I named him "Red Rider" and added him to my Transformers collection.

After owning it for like 15 years I still have no idea what it is. So, here are some pictures:

Vehicle Mode (I think I've taken him apart and put him back together at least once, and I think I put his legs back on wrong, as you can see his wheels are now facing up where they are totally useless):

351021778_5d118a7cc5_o.jpg

Robot Mode:

351021783_82b477b829_o.jpg

Possible Alternate Robot Mode, with guns over head:

351021781_8c55714e6a_o.jpg

The only other clue I have to his identity is the trademark, which only reads "TOMY JAPAN," and no year or any other information.

Help?

dang, it's hard to find pics of these guys. Only other info I can find right now is that they were made by Tomy.

• 1 year later...

Archived