Season 1 TF's missing in Season 3

Rodimus Prime

it was 22 min toy commercial, everyone knows that. sad thing is, every cartoon today is a 22 min toy commercial

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dont forget that there was a long line of transformers being dropped into the melting vat inside Unicron with Spike and Bumblebee. But the autobots only seemed intent on saving Spike and Bumblebee.

So no telling how many more died there.

I am going to have to watch the movie again, because I think gears is killed off in that scene.

Wasn't there a voice actor's name in the credits for Gears?

I agree that the first two seasons' characters were much better. They should have had more of them appear in Seaon 3, at least for continuinty. It was extremely frustrating how such important chracters as Omega Supreme and Shockwave dissappeared. Also, I wish there was at least an explanation as to what happened to the combiners apart from Devastator to make them absent from the TF Movie. One good idea I think would be to have one or more of them killed off beforehand. There's a big gap between 1985's Season 2 and Transformers the Movie in 2005 - an opening for another G1 TF series? :tfgrin

At the end of the movie, when they're in the huddle, there is only like 6 or 7 of them. If I remeber, the only Gen 1's are like Grimlock, Jazz, Percepter, and Bumble Bee. Basically who ever Daniel saved from inside Unicron. So I would assume you were to get the impression the rest were destroyed. But I'm not a 100% positive so don't quote me on that.

Yeah but Blaster definitely was left behind - he appeared later in season 3. So the question is how many other autobots were left behind? Also, remember, it was a good 20 years between season 2 and TF the movie. Who knows what happened to all those G1 characters who were never seen or heard of again.

Didn't the Autobots have a base in NY? Where the Protobots and what not hung out, or was that just in a city in general? Anyway, I guess some of the other went to hang out and when they came back they were like "Damn, we got robbed!" I guess it's one of those things that we'll never know.

all the populat TFs from the first 2 seasons would make guest appearances in scenes taking place on earth. And combiners like Superion and Defensor were still around, but I don't remember if Menasor was. The combaticons were seen in Rebirth, you saw a bunch of autobots on the bridge of Prime's flagship in Dark Awakening. But yeah, we were robbed in season 3. Especially when Grimlock became nothing more than comic relief

The only reason i disagree with the idea that in between season 2 and the movie/during the movie off-screen the other autobots died is that so many were no present in the movie yet showed up in the later season: snarl(well ok, he is shown briefly in autobot city, but only for about 2 frames), the aerialbots, the protectabots, plus the stunticons are seen in 5 faces of darkness if i'm not mistaken; my guess is that although some of them were killed off-screen such as huffer, who has a spot in the autobot tombship in dark awakening, the others were just absent; i just like to think of it as they were spread out across the universe to places where they could use their veteran experience in its best capacity

Archived