Classic Seacons

Teh INTERNETS ^_^

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Classics Seacons are an awesome idea.

Someone asked about the lack of interest in the God Neptune versions....I've thought about getting them because I like the colors, but it doesn't seem like they come with all of the original accessories. I'd much rather have all six Seacons, with complete accessories.

Hasbro! DO it!!

I'm hoping the club will do the right thing and release them.

If they did, they would then do the wrong thing and charge $300 for them. :tdown

How come no one is interested in the Japanese Beast Wars God Neptune set?

IMO, that deco is the best of them all. They are around for around 100 or so.

180px-Godneptune.jpg

Although the deco is nice there's only five of them.Piranacon is made up of all 6 Seacons.

Sad to say, I was born too late to own almost anything of G1 that was worth owning (I was born in 85 and thus missed the best years of G1 from what it seems). So I'll never know what any of the G1 combiners were like other than watching them in the cartoon and having seen them in the DW comics and reading a friend of my sister's old G1 Marvel comics.

But I do like combiners that have decent articulation (i.e. RiD Autobot combiners Rail Racer and Landfill (the former more than the latter)), and not like the ones we got in Energon that can barely stand up decently unless their legs are split apart.

I wish they had done the Constructicons properly with six members and made them in six separate construction vehicles ala G1 and then released them in a gift set ala G1.

Though what I would have preferred were the Combaticons vs. the Protectobots with decent articulation. The leaders and limbs could be sold separately. The leaders could the the Voyager size, and then the limbs could all be Deluxes so that we'd have some decent scale to the gestalt.

But hey, the Seacons can be cool. Either the original mold, or a new articulated mold.

I'm hoping the club will do the right thing and release them.

If they did, they would then do the wrong thing and charge $300 for them. :tdown

How come no one is interested in the Japanese Beast Wars God Neptune set?

IMO, that deco is the best of them all. They are around for around 100 or so.

180px-Godneptune.jpg

Although the deco is nice there's only five of them.Piranacon is made up of all 6 Seacons.

:pfx Definitely. I want all 6. That things is nice, but I don't remember hearing that it comes with all the weapons, etc. either.

I owned God Neptune.

Not the greatest.

1.) The white plastic is really thin and brittle. Mine never broke, but you could see that it was possible and mine had stress marks all over. (Especially the limbs' necks. Which is a big no no)

2.) You receive just the 5 main figures, the foot plates, the hands, the sword, the chest shield (and if I remember correctly...a Gun, but I'm fuzzy on that one.)

If they're going to redo him, all 6 should be included with all accessories (because each of the limbs becomes a TargetMaster for Snaptrap. Yes, they are technically a TargetMaster combiner...:D ) and with much better, stronger plasticl. That white and gold was far too weakened.

If they're going to redo him, all 6 should be included with all accessories (because each of the limbs becomes a TargetMaster for Snaptrap. Yes, they are technically a TargetMaster combiner...:D ) and with much better, stronger plasticl. That white and gold was far too weakened.

They are including all 6 with accessories (even the gun stands!), which is part of the reason why I want this set to come out so much. That and I'm completely ga-ga over the molds, and the new colours are awesome...

Universeseacons16.jpg

Universeseacons15.jpg

Wow Scowl, they are beautiful. Now I see why you wnat them so bad

Damnit...totally complete...and they're not releasing them? How stupid. It's just a ridiculously stupid idea. What a waste to fire up the molds, and make those test shots and have it all be for nothing. =\

Stupid stupid stupid.

And yet Wal-Mart will take the Energon Devastator repaint...

WTF?!

The folks to complain to, it would appear, are not those at Hasbro. Hasbro has made the toy and wants to sell the toy... but none of the major chains are picking him up. If you want to see the Universe Seacons, complain to Walmart, Target, Toys R Us and/or Kaybee. If no one is biting, yes they "could" sell the figure online, but that would mean at a higher price as they would be making an extremely low number of figures.

My guess is that they are biding their time... Transformer toys "will" be in demand soon (hopefully) after the movie comes out, and after that happens, Hasbro will have more power to slide all sorts of Transformer product into the stores.

Archived