Transformer KO's

Gazmondo

From the KOToys.com forum:

YOU ASKED, WE LISTENED, WE ASKED, THEY LISTENED ! G1 KO Reissue FORT MAX Update

« on: February 09, 2011, 02:43:33 AM »

An update regarding G1 KO REissues

Since everyone here asked for FORT MAX, we inquired and told them that people are really begging for FORT MAX.

Well u ask, you shall receive.

FORT MAX HAS BEEN MOVED AHEAD OF SCHEDULE. He will be made FIRST Ahead of both ABOMINUS and COMPUTRON (actually i think both abominus and max were in the first stages)

So, there will be all 3 versions of FORT MAX, the retail price will be around 300$ US.

Both Abominus and Computron will now be delayed until AFTER FORT MAX.

Stickers for all 3 have already been made.

FORT MAX ETA - 6 months from Today - August, or before August.

I will absolutely buy this.

Then again, after reading the shipping cost, I might not.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

$300 seems a bit much. I got Brave Max for $125. No way I'd pay $300 unless it was the real thing, or you get all 3 for that price.

Maybe, but the usual thinking behind these KO prices is, "Hey, the original MISB costs a lot more." I doubt that the KO Fort Max will sell out.

It turns out that there will not be a KO Fortress Maximus. KOToys posted this:

The G1 KO Maker basically just lied again this year as he did last year.

We at KOToys apologize for the amount of excitement he caused.

We will only post in hand news from this Manufacturer from now one as he is not dependable and can be tricky

again

THERE WILL NOT BE A FORT MAX THIS YEAR, the RELEASES WILL BE ABOMINUS AND COMPUTRON

Although WE want a FORT MAX, YOU WANT a FORT MAX - stick with us and u can get the three + in time

again we apologize for his lack of understanding and empathy, we will only post in hand news regarding this manufacturer from now on.

• 2 weeks later...

I am not a person who was a big fan of KO's - until I got into WST size Transformers. Over half of my collection is KO's or custom ko's.

I think KO have their place if you can not get the originals (or in my case never made them).

Over all I think most fans would gladly buy legit reissues if they were available.

But for real, in this economy, I can not blame anyone for buying a KO if they can not afford the originals.

KOs are a tough subject for me. Is it still ok to get them even if they aren't taking your money away from spending on official products? And what about the secondary market? Is that the same as the KO question since that money still isn't going to Hasbro, or is it enough that secondary market purchases did send money to Hasbro at some point?

• 3 weeks later...

There's no law which prohibits people from selling off toys they no longer want, maybe except if the toy has to be recalled for safety reasons.

That wasn't my point. Anyways, the secondary market doesn't have that great of an impact on action figures as it does for other things like music, movies and video games.

KOs are a tough subject for me. Is it still ok to get them even if they aren't taking your money away from spending on official products? And what about the secondary market? Is that the same as the KO question since that money still isn't going to Hasbro, or is it enough that secondary market purchases did send money to Hasbro at some point?

If there was an Encore Devastator or Reflector from Takara Tomy, I wish someone had told me. I don't think that anyone chooses a KO over an official version of the same toy. The KO is usually something that isn't available officially, something that is available officially but of lesser quality, or a partly or wholly original product based on an established brand.

Archived