Transformer KO's

Gazmondo

yup GenZhao=KOtoys=Mike.

Mikes stuff is getting a lot better, here's KO Crystal KOnvoy and Black KOnvoy

DSC02078_Black_KOnvoy_Black_Convoy.jpg

I don't have originals to compare with, but I'd guess these must be pretty close.

Mike's ok, I go over to his city to hang out and go on toy runs with him once in a while. he's actually a pretty cool guy. All that stuff was just the stress of living here and dealing with the people here. Not sure if any of you have lived in China before, if you have, you know what I'm talking about lol. I tell him he needs to spend less time on the store, more time hanging out with other foreigners, less time dealing with chinese, and take a vacation or 2 outside china (insanity land). :)

You can go to where he lives and hang out with him. Of course he is going to be cool with you. It's a lot different for some customer who can only reach him on MSN or email.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh God, not this shit again. Just shut up, please, get to talking about KO figures.

Pictures tomorrow or so, but I have a KO TMII Megatron that I modified to have no wings, where the breast plate fills the gap and the dragon arms are stuck on the neck.

I keep forgetting to post these :P

This summer (July/August) my GF and I went on holiday to Italy. Turned out getting TF's there is even more difficult then where I live and even more expensive.

However, I did find several KO's and eventually bought these two: RiD Wedge (actually, more the Japanese version) and G1 First Aid. Both are oversized and First Aid seriously. (The Fireflight in between is my old 80's KO which is the same size as the real figure -- actually, if I remember correctly, then some parts were swapped so it's partly a real G1 figure).

altmode:

ItaliaanseKOs--01.jpg

robot mode:

ItaliaanseKOs--02.jpg

Wedge has all parts to combine so if the other parts were available I'd been able to buy an oversized Landfill.

First Aid doesn't come with any combiner parts (just some ugly weapon), but according to the backing cards there was a total of 6 figures. One of these was Groove who was also available, but I don't know about the others. Although I doubt if you could actually make a combiner, Defensor would be pretty big. First Aid is in robotmode approx. at 220 % scale, so that would make Defensor about 46 cm:

ItaliaanseKOs--03a.jpg

Yep, that's Brave Max his leg ;)

But-uh, if one would assemble Defensor then he would probably crumble. First Aid is a mess with loose arms, thin plastic and I already have several inner parts falling out.

Seems the KO makers are expanding again.

G2BB003.jpg

Nice of them to use the original Bumbelbee face and not the redone face on normal Bug Bite toys, so that you can tell the original from the KO.

Also, it seems we will see a KOLD Classic Voyager Toxitron! This is a prototype, colors will be better in the final version.

Toxitron04.jpg

Saw some weird KOs in Kmart. Forgot what they were called but the packaging was straight blue, incredibly simple and lackluster. 2 of the 3 robots are meh, but their alt modes were rip offs of Universe Blades and Hot Shot at the voyager size.

The other guy tho, I have to go back and get. Its Ratchet's alt mode from the first TF movie but with a robot body completely and perfectly in the vein of Classics/Universe. Doesnt look like Ratchet at all so I dont know what Ima name him yet when I get him. Will take pics when I do.

my kold black konvoy had stress marks and cracks from the pins and parts of the plastic on the chest and grill looked like it had a knife took to it before they painted it. i took and sent pics asking for a replacement, i may just ask for a refund instead.

yikes i wish i read this thread before impulsively ordering my KO seekers off KOToys. ive been trying to contact them lately to no avail, and its been about 3 days so im not panicking yet, but i am a little worried with what people have said about the sites owner.

is it normal for KOToys to not really get back to you?

(sorry for the lack of relevant images, but i figured my problem was relevant to the thread.)

Archived