Transformer KO's

Gazmondo

At long last, I picked up all the BT KO's that I wanted, and the 3 Hummers as a bonus. Unfortunately they are not perfect, some however were fixable.

The Sideswipe - White SS. Metal parts, good detailing, iffy feet and front wheels. The one minor problem I had with it is an easy fix. The head always appears to be looking upwards, so the solution was to take the head apart and cut a circular grove under his face plate.

As for the police car Viper, it is pretty good, love the detailing, but in robot mode it just looks too much like Dead End. Simple head swap with the White Sunstreaker with Red stripes and both of them look better, the white one looks more like the Marboor Wheeljack this way.

post-6066-1251719702_thumb.jpg

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Hummer. If you follow the directions, it transforms just like Hound, except for the bulky rear section.

Those flaps stick out on the sides, just looks awkward.

My alternative transform goes like this. Do NOT twist at the mid section, simply fold up and lock (so his arse is the front now)

Fold out the rear fenders and roof to allow room to adjust the shins and feet. Fold out the feet and twist the shins to use the rear seat as the new knee cap. Then fold the flaps back inside, so the rear tire rests against the inner shin and twist the feet so that it holds the flaps nice and neat. Ok so the rear tire makes running awkward, but it's a toy, there will be no running.

See attached pict, I like it better this way.

post-6066-1251721521_thumb.jpg

Got a big KOToys haul in the other day, here's a few of them,

blue and orange Devastators to build my ko Devastator army,

DSC03098_Devastators_Blue_Orange.jpg

Oversize Insecticons with chrome parts and guns,

DSC03149_Insecticons.jpg

Another undersized Sixshot (red), to build my ko Sixshot army,

DSC03204_Sixshots_3_Sizes.jpg

Ooh, oversize Kickback!! I got the oversize Bombshell & Shrapnel set in blue/white but I need a Kickback, is it from KOtoys, I can't see it on their site? And were the orange Insecticons separate or a set of 3?

Ooh, oversize Kickback!! I got the oversize Bombshell & Shrapnel set in blue/white but I need a Kickback, is it from KOtoys, I can't see it on their site? And were the orange Insecticons separate or a set of 3?

yup, set of 3, pic of the package in my album, better to get the 3 pack anyway, better plastic and chrome parts,

Walgreen's has Roadbot KO's. Two large ones, same bot but in different colors. There are also some nice looking smaller robots, three different characters. They look to be about the size of a deluxe Transformer.

I didn't think they wer KOs of anything, just generic tfing robots. I got the 3 smaller ones you mentioned, they are actually bigger than Deluxes, almost Voyager sized. The red one is the best of the bunch- decently tight alt mode, some resemblance to a Ferrari F355 I believe, nice (nice = relative term) robot mode. The yellow one has certain parts similar to Movie Bumblebee, such as the front of his legs, the door wings, and the alt mode rear half. Prob the weakest robot mode tho. The blue one bears a strong resemblance to the last-gen Toyota Supra. Decent in both modes too. For $7 each or buy 2, get 1 free, you can't go wrong.

The larger robots they offer have decent hands, almost worth using them for kitbashing. Their heads (all are the same mold) look a lot like G1 Optimus Prime, you could probably get away with using them that way. FWIW.

At long last, I picked up all the BT KO's that I wanted, and the 3 Hummers as a bonus. Unfortunately they are not perfect, some however were fixable.

The Sideswipe - White SS. Metal parts, good detailing, iffy feet and front wheels. The one minor problem I had with it is an easy fix. The head always appears to be looking upwards, so the solution was to take the head apart and cut a circular grove under his face plate.

As for the police car Viper, it is pretty good, love the detailing, but in robot mode it just looks too much like Dead End. Simple head swap with the White Sunstreaker with Red stripes and both of them look better, the white one looks more like the Marboor Wheeljack this way.

Looks like a dead Prime.

I used the KOToys Toy Hunter Service to get those :) Mike at KOToys can get anything on taobao also.

yup, set of 3, pic of the package in my album, better to get the 3 pack anyway, better plastic and chrome parts,

Thanks for that Paul, I've emailed Mike and he's gonna keep a look out for them for me :D

In the meantime, I got me an oversized Dirt Boss;

post-20501-12522631750621_thumb.jpgpost-20501-12522631562607_thumb.jpg

I don't have the real one for comparison, but I know for a fact that this is much much bigger!!

And here's oversize Soundwave and Blitzwing;

post-20501-12522634657069_thumb.jpg

Laserbeak and the black Ravage (who has no ankle articulation) came with Soundwave. The green Rumble and red Ravage are similarly oversized; Rumble's head is backward but Ravage has all articulation intact.

Archived