Transformer KO's

Gazmondo

Besides, knock-offs don't even legally count as Transformers anyway. If you can't wait for a reissue, just save your money and go buy an original G1. It's far more satisfying and worth your money. A collection of KOs is worthless.

i highly disagree i searched for orginal combiners & reissue combiners all the encore & original combiners on ebay are going for $129 or more for that much money i could buy 2 master piece figures i got rid original bruticus for 50.00 brand new still in package & everything but if you do search on combiners & transformer citys they all go for 110.00 or more on ebay or any other site except for encore metroplex, tripticon not so sure havnt seen reissue one of him & if i did it probably be well over 134.00 on ebay or some other site.

when i buy transformer combiner i make sure its not no outrages ripoff price that you see alot of on ebay 245.00 for used g1 combiner thats not even %100 complete are you kidding me some poeple may like ko's they affordable not rip off prices where you could probably use that money to buy 2 or 3 mp figures for going on ebay im one of them that perfer ko combiner there cheap may not be that when in combined form but at least your not paying price for encore, reissue, or original combiner that you could atlest get 2 or more mp figures or many more in henkei or any other series so if you dont want to wait 1 or 2 years just get a good quality combiner go for ko i say.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have no probelm with using knockoffs as "placeholders" for hard to find toys. For instance, I don't think I'lll ever own the REAL Sky Garry, Metro Titan or Galaxy Shuttle, but their knockoffs are in my collection.

Additionally I like some of the bizarre knockoffs for their oddity value. Weird color toys, weird combiners, giant sized or micro sized versions of normal toys are fun to collect. I have a whole box of Legends figures which are the size of Deluxes, and I love my scout-sized Mini-Con collection.

Since I highly doubt I will ever get a Liokaiser, I have a knockoff of him. Sure it has some wrong members, and missing the Breast-partners, and it's small, and thinly built, but for $10 what d you expect?

I also have knockoff G1 Trainbots. Hard to get those. They are a real good set.

I bought most of a knockoff Predaking, which I using as pace holders and for accessories as I shop around for real Predacon toys cheap, one by one, off ebay.

I also bought a knockoff Menasor, the one with Nosecone and Strafe, just for the accessories (head, feet, shield, fists) but then I put them on REAL Stunticon toys and sold off the excess as bulk parts on ebay. Ended up making more than it cost me for the set, and now I have a "Complete" menasor.

To recast a Transformer entirely from scratch at Takara's standards, it would be hell expensive

I've always wondered. Scan the things with a laser scanner, have new molds carved out by a CNC machine based on the scans. It wouldn't have to be fast, just fairly accurate. I wonder what it would cost from go to whoa?

It was part of a pack of KO toys sold on a big card for about $8 or $10. It had two knockoff legends, one knockoff Machine Robo combiner limb, and a motorcyle that turned into bird (power range or Kamen rider toy maybe?). Weird combo of three different toy lines into one knockoff box set with no theme besides them all being robot/vehicles.

I like some KOs. Like the over sized ones of Bots that were made too small. Like the Universe Galvatron I found on a site thanks to thread on here the other day that had all sorts of great KOs including RoTF repaints of Animated figs. I have this really neat over sized Reflector I got off of ebay a couple years ago. I really love them.

Archived