Transformer KO's

Gazmondo

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hmmm, Kid Connection is the latest incarnation of the company that does the G1 combiner KO's, there are numerous unnamed companies from many companies that make G1 Ko's, even bigger companies have stolen the molds like Imperial Toys.

hmmm, Kid Connection is the latest incarnation of the company that does the G1 combiner KO's, there are numerous unnamed companies from many companies that make G1 Ko's, even bigger companies have stolen the molds like Imperial Toys.

Not so much stolen as Reverse engineered, I'm sure that Takara still has the originals i they haven't been destroyed. Whats kinda sad is that these KO companies will spend the money the make molds when Takara won't, of course most of the KOs aren't the best quality, some are actually almost up to the original standards.

That's because it costs Takara a lot more to do so and at the prices that Takara would sell their products for, they need to ensure that it's profitable.

For example, with the Convoy reissue they had to completely re-cast the arms and apparently that cost them a lot of money to do so. You compare the arms of a reissue Convoy/Optimus Prime with an original and you can barely tell the difference (I can't tell the diff at all). That level of accuracy is expensive. With Convoy/Prime, it's worth the cost because that's the highest grossing reissue that they can sell (they've bloody re-re-reissued it enough times). :P

And that's just a pair of arms. To recast a Transformer entirely from scratch at Takara's standards, it would be hell expensive, and unless the character is about as popular as Optimus Prime, I doubt Takara would consider it.

You also have to take the sales of KOs into consideration. For example, Takara has long stated that they will not reissue Devastator because so many people are buying the KO Constructicons at a much cheaper price than Takara could ever set.

So really, considering Takara's stance on KOs and reissues, if you want a certain G1 toy reissued, honestly, don't buy the Knock Off!!

Besides, knock-offs don't even legally count as Transformers anyway. If you can't wait for a reissue, just save your money and go buy an original G1. It's far more satisfying and worth your money. A collection of KOs is worthless.

All these idiots who are goin crazy for the damn swoop. If you look you can find a decently priced swoop with no problems, I got two like 99% complete for close to 70.

What parallel universe is that in?

Honestly I find the whole "people buy KOs so we won't reissue them" thing to be bullBlot. Collectors will by official releases. The majority view point is similiar to your own Goki. And KOs exist of Predaking, but he was reissues, KOs exist of Sixshot, but he was reissued. Those KOs might be a little rarer, but they do exist and aren't that hard to get if you look for them. When it comes right down to it I jsut don't think the reissues are cost effective for Takara period, and they know that the collector market really isn't big enough to make it profitable.

Honestly I find the whole "people buy KOs so we won't reissue them" thing to be bullBlot. Collectors will by official releases. The majority view point is similiar to your own Goki. And KOs exist of Predaking, but he was reissues, KOs exist of Sixshot, but he was reissued. Those KOs might be a little rarer, but they do exist and aren't that hard to get if you look for them. When it comes right down to it I jsut don't think the reissues are cost effective for Takara period, and they know that the collector market really isn't big enough to make it profitable.

not to mention the soundblaster, cassettes, optimus prime, megatron, and blitzwing KO's.

i just see KO's for what they are, place holders until i can afford/find the originals and i refuse to pay more than a few bucks for them. for example i wouldn't pay over $10 for those cassette ko's and certainly wouldn't pay over 15 for swoop, although i know he'll be well above 50.

Archived