CONFIRMED: "Razor" = "Raptor"

Bizzmoff

Take two:

the Razor, a new jet designed by the us military, little is known about this jet at this time but now it is out there

This "information" came out a while ago in an interview with Shia LaBeouf (sp?), who's an actor who knows nothing about military aircraft.

There is no such thing as a "Razor" jet - my guess is that he confused the film's use of the F22 Raptor, which was a bit of a coup for the production, with Megatron's sharp-edged apperance.

I think it's great that the TF movie is going to be the first film to feature both the New Camaro and the F-22. I highly doubt that a *new* USAF/Navy/CIA/DoD jet will also début. Heck, I saw and touched a 50+ year old A-12 (forerunner to the SR-71 Blackbird) this summer and almost got in trouble. Not really but it makes my store sound better. The sign did say not to touch it...

Anyway, the F-117A Nighthawk was first flown in 1977. We did not see it until over 10 years later. The F22A was first flown in 1990 and didn't go into service until 2005. New jets don't get designed and built fast enough for each summer blockbuster.

I've heard people say that the "Razor" is an unmanned plane. Well, the Global Hawk is pretty state of the art right now and I really don't see any point to a new UAV. Heck, it's off limits to most US Military guys.

Anyway... it's fun to talk about it. Please keep your comments on the nice side :thumb

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll repeat what I've said before, since I'll get a free post out of it: :thumb

Shia LaBeouf seems pretty sure about that "Razor" info.

On the other hand, would the military really use a summer action movie as the vehicle (no pun intended) of declassification for a new fighter jet... thing?

I don't know enough about either subject to be able to say for sure either way. So I'll just wait and see what happens.

I just got out of the USAF Reserves in September :tfdance , as far as a new fighter jet, well the F-22 Raptor and the F-31 Joint Strike Fighters (JFS) are the last "new" fighter jets the USAF is getting for a while to replace the F-15 Eagles. The F-22 program is on the chopping block last I heard because the Defense Committee is starting to ask the USAF questions as to why the USAF needs two new fighters when they were sold with the JSF as a fix to replace the Navy's F-14s, Marine Corps Harriers and F-18s, and the AFs F-15s all at the same time. The USAF justified to them back in 1996 that the JSF would be the stone to kill 3 birds in one shot with only having to shell out just a little more money for the new F-16 deta winged tactical stealth fighter (a real and actual stealth fighter interceptor). JFYI the F-117 is not a fighter but a medium range bomber, it has no guns just bombs. It was named (classified) as a fighter because its operational nature violates Geneva Convetion laws :eplus . The USAF is also supposed to retire the A-10 Wart hogs to help pay for the F-22s but have kept them so far because the US Army wants them (US Army can't have fixed wing aircraft by agreement with the USAF and the USAF can't have attack helicoptors). The USAF is trying to use this leverage against the Army so the USAF can make a Mach 2 Comanchee and keep it. Yes Mach 2, is what the Comanchee was originally designed to do, but again thanks to USAF whining, the Army was forced to lower this capability so funds could be deverted into the USAF to fund the JSF. That's just a glimps of the big circle jerk party that the Department of Defense throughs year round at the expense of tax-payers. If it wasn't for these, Generals would have really no reason to justify their pay checks compared to us pee-on soldiers, but then again I am biased and just a tad bitter after seeing moneys repeatedly flushed down the toilette while I served :tfpwn .

As for the Razor, I think it is yet another unmanned plane if I recall corectly. It is different in that I think this one is an anti-personnel offensive weapon vs a recon/ observation unmanned plane like the other. I do not know for sure, but having been stationed at Eglin AFB, FL (where all new weapon systems get tested) I know there were at least 6 seperate unmanned flyers being tested with differing operational fuctions/ missions in mind for each.

Sorry, I had to quote this from the previous thread:

SHIA LABEOUF: (laughs) Exactly, it could have been in the glove compartment! But a Razor, you know, with nuclear weapons... Nuclear weapons is what's dangerous. In the '80s it was the gun, but we've been (desensitized), so you've got to amp it up a little bit. And Michael Bay is the dude to amp everything up!

Ok, if what Labeouf just said there is true, then this movie is going to be INTENSE. Megatron...with NUCLEAR GOD-F*CKING-DAMN WEAPONS!??!?! I don't think anything could get me more pumped up for this movie now other than a real pic of megs himself :clap :clap

He might even be a top secret aircraft, in the fictional world this Movie takes place in.

:eek :eek :eek

Just thought everyone would like to know, I just found a picture on the INTERWEBS with both the F-22 AND the Razor in the same picture!!!

CHECK IT OUT!!!!

f22razruv1.jpg

SHIA LABEOUF: (laughs) Exactly, it could have been in the glove compartment! But a Razor, you know, with nuclear weapons... Nuclear weapons is what's dangerous. In the '80s it was the gun, but we've been (desensitized), so you've got to amp it up a little bit. And Michael Bay is the dude to amp everything up!

Ok, if what Labeouf just said there is true, then this movie is going to be INTENSE. Megatron...with NUCLEAR GOD-F*CKING-DAMN WEAPONS!??!?! I don't think anything could get me more pumped up for this movie now other than a real pic of megs himself :clap :clap

fusion cannon, fusion reaction... hey, ya know

fusion cannon, fusion reaction... hey, ya know

yeah well...I just wasn't expecting that kind of Blot from Bay for the movie, I guess :redface

Archived