What Jazz/Meister could look like

LittleRobot

i seen a few test pics whare his feet are differant in that the lights are on the inside of his legs so is this right or is the other pics correct

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hasbro has that unfinished "Don't See the One You Want? Customize an Alternator" bit on their website...

Before you deface a Silverstreak, wait. Painting TFs can lead to chipping paint, etc. I've scaled back to ONLY painting small highlights on custom toys and using different versions of the same mold for different colored parts when/if possible.

Right now, I have one all red Armada Hot Shot and one all yellow Armada Hot Shot. I may even get the Universe Smokescreen redeco for the red spoiler.

Anyway, my bet is that Hasbro is currently building up stockpiles of ALL the Alternator molds in different colors. The reason we got some odd choices like yellow Tracks was to justify the cost of the yellow plastic. Then, once the "Customize!" section opens, we'll be able to select an existing mold and, piece by piece, select the color of plastic we want from the existing options (silver, yellow, blue, green, red, white, black) for different key pieces and be able to, say, recreate Red alert and Sunstreaker as Vipers, Prowl as an Impreza... or totally new characters if we want.

You want a green Impreza with a yellow hood and a white spoiler with Decepticon logos? My bet is you can custom order it.

Alternators is designed to appeal to model/car enthusiasts, a group that thrives on customization. I'm betting we'll be able to order any retool we want for a premium price...

... And that also accounts for the yellow Tracks and absent Red alert, Prowl and Sunstreaker in my mind... Fans will pay premium prices (My bet is something like a $20 base cost with $10 extra for each altered shade of plastic plus shipping) for Hasbro direct customs of G1 characters whereas the average Wal-Mart shopper will be happy with the toys as released.

C'mon... $30 for a Sunstreaker, $40 for a Stepper...? I bet collectors would pay good money for Hasbro to assemble these using an assortment of premolded, multicolor parts and Hasbro knows this.

Hasbro has that unfinished "Don't See the One You Want? Customize an Alternator" bit on their website...

Before you deface a Silverstreak, wait. Painting TFs can lead to chipping paint, etc. I've scaled back to ONLY painting small highlights on custom toys and using different versions of the same mold for different colored parts when/if possible.

Right now, I have one all red Armada Hot Shot and one all yellow Armada Hot Shot. I may even get the Universe Smokescreen redeco for the red spoiler.

Anyway, my bet is that Hasbro is currently building up stockpiles of ALL the Alternator molds in different colors. The reason we got some odd choices like yellow Tracks was to justify the cost of the yellow plastic. Then, once the "Customize!" section opens, we'll be able to select an existing mold and, piece by piece, select the color of plastic we want from the existing options (silver, yellow, blue, green, red, white, black) for different key pieces and be able to, say, recreate Red alert and Sunstreaker as Vipers, Prowl as an Impreza... or totally new characters if we want.

You want a green Impreza with a yellow hood and a white spoiler with Decepticon logos? My bet is you can custom order it.

Alternators is designed to appeal to model/car enthusiasts, a group that thrives on customization. I'm betting we'll be able to order any retool we want for a premium price...

... And that also accounts for the yellow Tracks and absent Red alert, Prowl and Sunstreaker in my mind... Fans will pay premium prices (My bet is something like a $20 base cost with $10 extra for each altered shade of plastic plus shipping) for Hasbro direct customs of G1 characters whereas the average Wal-Mart shopper will be happy with the toys as released.

C'mon... $30 for a Sunstreaker, $40 for a Stepper...? I bet collectors would pay good money for Hasbro to assemble these using an assortment of premolded, multicolor parts and Hasbro knows this.

BWAH!!!!!

As if Hasbro's going to open a custom shop. Dude, I'm sure it's just an online toy that Hasbro will track to determine what people want the most. For instance, if they see 10 million hits from people painting Dead End yellow, they just might release Sunstreaker.

You know before I saw that Photoshop I had issues with the asthetics of the robot mode fitting into the Alternators line. Don't get me wrong I like the robot mode but in that red mockup it looked like it was part of a different line to me. Now it looks like an Alternator. I'll definately have to buy one now even if it is red.

yea...that definitely looks awesome. especially with the blue visor like Jazz is supposed to have.

now, hopefully someone out there will be creative enough to release a decal set to put on the Meister release to give it Jazz's old graphic scheme....

Yeah i made a sunstreaker, prowl, and bluestreak. here is a pic of blue. i gotta find my pics of prowl, but ill prolly do another one out of silverstreak. pics soon!

im still working on bumblebee and starscream binaltechs. wish me luck!

pred

post-26-1085859921.jpg

• 2 months later...

Archived