How Many Transformers Do You Have?

Goktimus Prime

Transformers Collection Survey 2007  

96 members have voted

1. 1. How Many Transformers Do You Have?

• 100 or less
    • 1000+

I've thought of it but can't bring myself to do it.

In the past I've had 4 toy collections. The first was a small one I had as a little kid and was taken in a house fire(still have 1 piece from it a non working Gobot Zod). The second I had from that fire through my early teens and gave away to my best friends brothers. I regretted that and reclaimed a couple pieces as the collection was being destroyed. The third I started rebuilding as a larf and gave it to my nephews one year when my brother couldn't afford Christmas. Once again I regretted it, even though it was a good thing to do.

That brings us to my current collection. When I realized it was starting to take shape, I decided this time I'd keep it reguardless of whatever. It started off random, but later became specailized mainly focusing on Transformers. If I buy a figure now, I keep it, even if I don't like it. I know I'll regret giving it up if I do. Lately, I've been contemplating selling my Alts as they don't fit in with the rest of my figures, but still, I think I'd rather just get a larger glass case and display them with MP Prime like I use to.

Then I'd be happy with them again, sometimes you have to give the guys a new life!

Every so often though I do sell a figure though, and thats usualy because somehow I've come across to many of a mold, thats about the only reason why I sell.

Yeah, seller's remorse is a b*. I do miss some of the stuff I've sold since I started collecting, but if I still had it all I don't know where I'd put it. I recently sold a near complete Zim set, and I find myself missing a few figures from other lines that I see making the rounds every now and then. Beast Wars Transmetal Rampage comes to mind. That sucks that you lost your childhood figures in a house fire. But I know what that is like as well. When I moved in with my grandparents I left a lot of stuff at my parents' house, but when they failed to make rent one month the landlord came in and cleaned them out. Me and my brothers had tons of TMNT(I still want another technodrome!), G1, and G2. I later found that she (the landlord) had given much of it to her nephew and her CHURCH. How's that for irony? Back on topic, though, I'm more selective with what I purchase now. I try not to buy a figure simply cause it's a tf, and more because it fits with the collection or I really like it.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've thought of it but can't bring myself to do it.

In the past I've had 4 toy collections. The first was a small one I had as a little kid and was taken in a house fire(still have 1 piece from it a non working Gobot Zod). The second I had from that fire through my early teens and gave away to my best friends brothers. I regretted that and reclaimed a couple pieces as the collection was being destroyed. The third I started rebuilding as a larf and gave it to my nephews one year when my brother couldn't afford Christmas. Once again I regretted it, even though it was a good thing to do.

That brings us to my current collection. When I realized it was starting to take shape, I decided this time I'd keep it reguardless of whatever. It started off random, but later became specailized mainly focusing on Transformers. If I buy a figure now, I keep it, even if I don't like it. I know I'll regret giving it up if I do. Lately, I've been contemplating selling my Alts as they don't fit in with the rest of my figures, but still, I think I'd rather just get a larger glass case and display them with MP Prime like I use to.

Then I'd be happy with them again, sometimes you have to give the guys a new life!

Every so often though I do sell a figure though, and thats usualy because somehow I've come across to many of a mold, thats about the only reason why I sell.

Yeah, seller's remorse is a b*. I do miss some of the stuff I've sold since I started collecting, but if I still had it all I don't know where I'd put it. I recently sold a near complete Zim set, and I find myself missing a few figures from other lines that I see making the rounds every now and then. Beast Wars Transmetal Rampage comes to mind. That sucks that you lost your childhood figures in a house fire. But I know what that is like as well. When I moved in with my grandparents I left a lot of stuff at my parents' house, but when they failed to make rent one month the landlord came in and cleaned them out. Me and my brothers had tons of TMNT(I still want another technodrome!), G1, and G2. I later found that she (the landlord) had given much of it to her nephew and her CHURCH. How's that for irony? Back on topic, though, I'm more selective with what I purchase now. I try not to buy a figure simply cause it's a tf, and more because it fits with the collection or I really like it.

Yeah, seller's remorse is a B!

As I stated earlier, my collection is into the thousands(yet still so much more to go) and I find that each time I move, an important part of my choosing an apartment is a side room for my TFs and an ample amount of storage for my boxed figures. My next move hopefuly will be a house and a key feature will be a large insulated semi-finished attic, I feel I'm at the point where a TF room isn't enough, I need a floor.

Also, thanks for the condolances on a childhood tragedy. It killed me then to loose the few toys I had, but realy, if thats all I lost I'm lucky!

Thanks to all the Fire Fighters in the world, and my best to the families who've suffered from flame.

Archived