Feelin' a little overwhelmed....

Smokes

just pick the ones you really want most and prioritize. also, some figures are sure to go on sale eventually, so decide which ones your willing to gamble and wait for. it's hard when you see things on the shelve and some things may be limited, so figure out which ones you want most and need now.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only buy the one's that you really want. If there is one that you want, but can live without. When Wal-mart gets too many and has had them for too long, they will put the toys on sale, so you can get them for much less. I got most of the powerlinx figures and "Armada Beasts" for $8 instead of the $9.99. Patience is the name of the game.

i just ignore unimportant stuff, like medical bills, who needs health when you have 20th prime  :tfevil

Sounds like you have it all worked out. :tftounge

sure do kup, life is all about prioritys. Up in canada our "free" health care means paying monthly bills. Better than what you yanks got, but still annoying to pay for something im not using. Sometimes i feel like breaking my leg or something so i feel like im getting my moneys worth.

i just ignore unimportant stuff, like medical bills, who needs health when you have 20th prime  :tfevil

Sounds like you have it all worked out. :tftounge

sure do kup, life is all about prioritys. Up in canada our "free" health care means paying monthly bills. Better than what you yanks got, but still annoying to pay for something im not using. Sometimes i feel like breaking my leg or something so i feel like im getting my moneys worth.

Hahaha...OMG. I hear what you saying but still doesn’t sound like a bad deal. :thumb

Guest Krusty The Klown

i passed on signal flare and jetfire/ironhide of energon, get what you like and dont bother with stuff you dont like

but do get a mp prime, either model

I don't know about a 12-step program, but I generally use these techniques to avoid the completist attitude:

First, I think about the toys that I have bought and then immediately placed on a shelf or in a drawer, never to touch them again. I purposefully define to myself why I found these toys so boring so that when I'm buying new toys I'll know what to avoid.

Second, I realize that anything I see in stores will most likely be totally worthless from a monetary standpoint. Sometimes I used to think, "I NEED this for my collection because if I don't get it now, it will just increase in price and I won't be able to get it later!" Of course, this isn't true for the vast majority of toys.

Third, I ask myself, "Will this really make me happy?" The answer is always, "Of course not, it's just a friggin' toy!" But sometimes I want the toy so bad that I just don't care.

Maybe I think too much about this stuff. :redface

-Nathan

Archived