Feelin' a little overwhelmed....

Smokes

When I first started "collecting" Takara had just reissued Hotrod, Hasbro wasn't producing any classic fig's and TF's in general weren't that popular. With that in mind, I could collect by buying figure's moderately here and there. Collecting was a hobby, but one I didn't have to invest so much time and money on.

Now with all the different lines, I find myself constantly torn between buying Takara'a new reissue, or a new Alty, or one of the many excellent Energon toys. The easy answer to this is just buy them all, but I personally can't justify spending $200.00 a month on toys, not to mention space to store them in. I'm not complaining, having so many figure's to chose from can be blessing, but does anyone else think there's a little to much going on right now?

Maybe I'm just to old for this. :redface

Too many TF's, to little time.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the contrary, not enough TFs. :)

Re-issues and BT trickle out at a very slow pace. I'm still waiting for Wave 2 of Energon to hit Canada. I'd like to have all the Dinobots before I'm old and gray.

When I first started "collecting" Takara had just reissued Hotrod, Hasbro wasn't producing any classic fig's and TF's in general weren't that popular. With that in mind, I could collect by buying figure's moderately here and there. Collecting was a hobby, but one I didn't have to invest so much time and money on.

Now with all the different lines, I find myself constantly torn between buying Takara'a new reissue, or a new Alty, or one of the many excellent Energon toys. The easy answer to this is just buy them all, but I personally can't justify spending $200.00 a month on toys, not to mention space to store them in. I'm not complaining, having so many figure's to chose from can be blessing, but does anyone else think there's a little to much going on right now?

Maybe I'm just to old for this. :redface

Too many TF's, to little time.

First, don't turn into a completist. You'll spend money on stuff you don't even really want. Trust me, I used to be one. But I followed a 12 step process and now I'm completist free. :thumb

Also, prioritize which line is more important to you. I would say, G1, Alternator and then Energon. It's better to just pick and choose what you really want then to stay commited to one line through thick and thin.

First, don't turn into a completist. You'll spend money on stuff you don't even really want. Trust me, I used to be one. But I followed a 12 step process and now I'm completist free.  :thumb

Also, prioritize which line is more important to you. I would say, G1, Alternator and then Energon. It's better to just pick and choose what you really want then to stay commited to one line through thick and thin.

Yeah, thats my problem, turning into a completist(but theres so much cool stuff!). Thanks for pointing out the obvious, I could smack myself for not seeing it. Sometimes self-reflection is an issue.

You really should post your 12 step process, it would make a great joke thread.

I would collect the best first and only the ones I really wanted to keep and play with!

You do not need to get all of the new lines I certainly refuse to, since IMO many of them are ugly as sin. But your tastes may differ, in any event buy what you really want and what you can ACTUALLY afford to pay in full now, not on loan. This way you won't overspend and buy TF you do not want or will lose interest in quickly.

Do your research, ask around, and well... I'd get the MPP or Hasbro 20th Ann. Prime first and work prioritize by working your way down the list. Good luck and happy hunting! :thumb

Yeah I know what you're saying...there's a lot right now, just when I was almost done with wave 1 energon, wave 2 was already out places for a while...and then there's alternators...and the re-issues....and Universe....urrrghh...I don't have enough money, and so I wait, and then the ones I want are gone.

I'd like to be a completist, but it just isn't feasible.

I almost went down the path of the completist and wound up spending alot of money on stuff I never really wanted and collects dust. My main focus now are the Alternators (thank god they're released one at a time, months apart) and the occassional Energon figure.

The reality of rent and bills catches up quickly so i have to be very choosy. I enjoy my collecting even more now because the pressure is off. I get time to appreciate what I have without that urge to run out and buy more just for the sake of having them.

Archived