Movie Megatron revealed?

Hadlen Weltall

This movie's the first step to taking the franchise to levels of something like Star Wars. The first step on a loooooong road, mind you, but a first step. And part of taking that first step is keeping all that was strong about the Transformers story thus far, and abandoning the rest.

I recall one of my earliest posts on this board, which essentially stated something along the lines of, "What was good about G1 wasn't the execution, but the concept."

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have a feeling there will be plenty of dead humans. Like the ones in the tanks that get tossed and planes and cars that are destroyed. It's death and violence but it's handled differently. There are no singularly gruesome death scenes, it's just "hey that bus full of people was just sheered in half and blew up"

but will they try and cover it up with things like 'luckily they all made it to the escape pods, bunkers, etc" or "lucky it was only a robot piloting it"

we just need a more grown up aspect to the film and not another kid summer film which is what its gonna be...itll be one they will watch and a few toys will sell but by the next film it will be forgotten.... it deserves more than that. the story line is gone as its going by the human viewpoint going by teh trailer so it will be all oh whats going on and how do we stop these robots were gonna die. id just like to see them fire a nuke at devastator and see him eat it and laugh in that low gravely voice of his before blasting them .....im a nice guy really i just my cars fast women hot beers cold and giant transforming robot war films deadly ..very deadly

Why is it always either one or the other? I seriously don't think this is going to be a "kid summer film". Is that the impression you got from the trailer? Because that's not how they market kids' movies. It's an action movie, comparable to other summer action movies.

And you should think carefully before you talk about what Transformers "deserves". At best it was a kids' cartoon / toy line. What do you think is owed a franchise like this?

Oh, I agree with you CP. This definitely ain't a summer kids movie. This is going to be a summer action blockbuster and I'm gonna be there in the center of the theater at 11:59 pm on July 3 for the midnight showing.

I thought Megs wasn't showing up until somewhere near the end of the movie....wich was the reason why he doesn't have an "earth form" for this movie

.....so that "could" have been him coming from the pool

Besides Spider-Man 3 Pirates of the Carribean the new Die Hard movie, this is the most anticipated movie this year.

:tflaugh2

I'm not sure anyone was even "anticipating" Die Hard 3.

For the record: Die hard 3 was awesome. I kinda have an obsession with it. I also once tried to make a bomb with maple syrup.

I thought Megs wasn't showing up until somewhere near the end of the movie....wich was the reason why he doesn't have an "earth form" for this movie

.....so that "could" have been him coming from the pool

Trust Me PK...

It's NOT Megs.

Unless the story has been RADICALLY changed since the Old Script, it IS NOT Megatron.

It's

IRONHIDE!

And according to the Old Script, Ironhide just doesn't understand or really care for humans, he just wants to do his job and kill the Decepticons...that's it.

IRONHIDE!

And according to the Old Script, Ironhide just doesn't understand or really care for humans, he just wants to do his job and kill the Decepticons...that's it.

Whats there not to understand? The taste good when wedged between two layers of bread.

Besides Spider-Man 3 Pirates of the Carribean the new Die Hard movie, this is the most anticipated movie this year.

:tflaugh2

I'm not sure anyone was even "anticipating" Die Hard 3.

For the record: Die hard 3 was awesome. I kinda have an obsession with it. I also once tried to make a bomb with maple syrup.

Well, Die Hard is being released on the same day as Transformers so there's your competition.

Yipee ky-yay Transformers.

wow. Should have known better but just a random thought turns into a full blown argument about censorship and literary creativity debate.

The problem is you stated a KNOWN falsity.

so all the radical fans went into their froth about Bay ruing the movie and eating puppies and stuff.

the rest of us - just said Jeebus its Ironhide stop making drama where it isnt.

and those who had no interest in spoilers didnt care for either of the other two obsessive wacky.

But if anyone goes back and reads some of the speculation and statements on how so many people just KNOW this film is gonna suck because of this or that or the color of a robot's toe or soemthing... it really defies any sort of logic.

Archived