Movie Megatron revealed?

Hadlen Weltall

Jurassic Park scared the bejebus out of me. Well, for that matter so did Twister. Anyway...

Well, you do live in the South.

The TF brand is Hasbros money maker right behind Star Wars. Last I read, Star Wars was going down and TF was increasing.

*waits on episode 7 to kick things up again

There's supposed to be a new TV series at some point that fills in what happens between RotS and SW.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jurassic Park scared the bejebus out of me. Well, for that matter so did Twister. Anyway...

Well, you do live in the South.

The TF brand is Hasbros money maker right behind Star Wars. Last I read, Star Wars was going down and TF was increasing.

*waits on episode 7 to kick things up again

There's supposed to be a new TV series at some point that fills in what happens between RotS and SW.

yeah, from the point of view of characters you don't give a crap about

anyway I don't see it being that different in tone from other summer blockbuster action movies.... violent without being gruesome enough to turn off some of your demographic.

yeah, from the point of view of characters you don't give a crap about

I'm not sure I gave a crap about any of the characters in the prequel trilogy.

I think the movie will be fine with just enough action to keep the adults interested but with enough curiosity for the kids.

No children will be harmed in this movie unless they were on that bus that we saw get knocked around like a bag of rice.

I'm loving the mechanics of the Transformers because there is way more detail and it truly shows they are robots and what type of contruction methods were used.

The girl didn't get stepped on because she was no threat. He didn't even notice she was there. If she was 2 feet over to the right...

As a matter of fact...she shouldn't have even been outside at that hour of the night.

And don't forget that this is a franchise that's heavily marketed to children and when we're lucky, "showcase" pieces or whatever you call them. There are a lot of businesses with their money on the line for the success ofthis movie. Besides Spider-Man 3 Pirates of the Carribean the new Die Hard movie, this is the most anticipated movie this year. Bay and Spielberg aren't going to mess this up. They have too much experience and if Spielberg says he's a TF fan, then believe him and have faith.

I can't wait.

I don't think it was him. They would of shown him crushing a human when coming out of the pool, to emphasize his disregard for human life, instead of just walking by some little kid.

but you're forgetting that TF's are not allowed to harm humans because Primus ingrains their sparks with Asimov's Three Laws or some Blot.

Asimov's laws are a human concept, chief. I doubt Primus would know about them. Plus, in the cartoon, they didn't seem to care much about human life. Megs would've definately owned the little girl.

That thing has two eyes, and a blank, somewhat humanoid face. Those qualities fit an Autobot more than a Decepticon.

...well ya know what i mean i just want it to be worthy of what its meant to be and not be spoiled bby film makers who want it there way and not the way its supposed to be....

All that it was meant to be was a way to cash in on the American rights to already existing toy molds from Japan. Anything beyond that is a big step up.

And, understand, I love G1. I recognize that the story told in the cartoon was strong enough for the Japanese market to reverse import it and make the old new again. I think that's awesome. But don't kid yourself, all G1 was ever supposed to be was a financial gain.

This movie's the first step to taking the franchise to levels of something like Star Wars. The first step on a loooooong road, mind you, but a first step. And part of taking that first step is keeping all that was strong about the Transformers story thus far, and abandoning the rest.

Most of the complaints so far are about what's been abandoned.

Archived