Movie Megatron revealed?

Hadlen Weltall

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
you look at that trailer and tell me it isnt a combo of war of the worlds + i robot

I would totally agree. I would also say that neither of those were kid movies.

And again.... what do you really expect for this franchise? It's a bunch of f*cking toys and a cartoon. Do you really think that "Transformers" has any kind of serious legitimacy at all in the real world? This isn't Lord of the Effing Rings which is an enormously well-known and highly respected book, and which has been around for over 50 years. There are people who earn a living being Tolkien scholars. Transformers isn't QUITE at that level I think.

your right they are just toys and lord of the rings was just a book but it was a success cos it was made well..they story i thought sucked but the film was made well.... and you are right transformers aint at the level yet but it could be if they tried for it to be. its the fact that transformers is only just about toys and a worsening tv series thats killing the franchise which hurts.... if they could make a smashing movie and get some credentials behind it to boost a rejuvination which is teh whole point ...well ya know what i mean i just want it to be worthy of what its meant to be and not be spoiled bby film makers who want it there way and not the way its supposed to be....

ive had another thought about this why its gonna blow.... the rating on it if there aining at teh 12 year old market or around they aint gonna be able to show megs picking up a kid and reducing him to a bloody pulp.... its war but it has to be censored

How many action movies don't feature small children being dismembered? Pretty much all of them.

Do Jurassic Park, Die Hard, Terminator 2, Predator etc. all blow because they lack the butchering of small children?

Although you may be interested to know:

Apparently Scorponok impales a human on his tail barb thingy.

Although I'm sure it won't be too graphic.

ive had another thought about this why its gonna blow.... the rating on it if there aining at teh 12 year old market or around they aint gonna be able to show megs picking up a kid and reducing him to a bloody pulp.... its war but it has to be censored

That why they would have done ala Jurassic Park and put some dude instead of a little girl being stepped on.

Well, there is obviously some 'bot on human violence in the Skorponok scene.

I wouldn't expect a Peckinpahish level of gore though.

that's hot

anyway, As has been stated a billion times over, the collectors market for transformers isn't what keeps the green in hasbro's wallet. TFs will always need to appeal to kids and adults alike (those adults being parents of said kids, not collecting adults) to keep it in any kind of mainstream.

I, on behalf of Dreamworks, and Micheal Bay, want to apologize for not making this movie about watching humans die gory deaths at the hands of giant robots. And for having to include humans in a movie set on earth.

i just want it to be worthy of what its meant to be and not be spoiled bby film makers who want it there way and not the way its supposed to be....

Thats fair. Although Im sure they cant possibly make it worse than the Energon cartoon.

The first Jurasic Park movie covered very well in the adult and kids department, I think the TF movie will be similar to that. Violent enough for adults but not emotionally scaring to kids.

your right they are just toys and lord of the rings was just a book but it was a success cos it was made well..they story i thought sucked but the film was made well.... and you are right transformers aint at the level yet but it could be if they tried for it to be. its the fact that transformers is only just about toys and a worsening tv series thats killing the franchise which hurts.... if they could make a smashing movie and get some credentials behind it to boost a rejuvination which is teh whole point ...well ya know what i mean i just want it to be worthy of what its meant to be and not be spoiled bby film makers who want it there way and not the way its supposed to be....

where do you get that the new shows are killing the franchise? TFs are super popular among the age group that they are intended for.

Archived