Radioactive Ravage

Weakest BW Megatron, NOW!  

17 members have voted

1. 1. In any way.

• 'Gator Megs
    • T-Rex Megs
    • Transmetal Megs
    • Transmetal 2

I'd just like to know your opinion. Plus, it's great to see you guys argue in these "weakest" topics.

I'm really not sure how many freakin Megatron figures were made... those I know of were Original, Transmetal, 'Gator, and TM2... so I didn't make this a poll. Plus... this is my first topic, so I also have no effin idea how to...

My choices? As a toy, I'd have to say Transmetal Megs... simply because... well... was that second T-rex head on his chest really needed? Plus, the "speed mode" sucked ass.

Storyline-wise, though... T-rex Megs. He got his ass kicked by a gorilla! In almost every episode, too. At least Transmetal Megs got his ass kicked by a semi-mechanical gorilla. Plus, he shot Optimus Prime. Bonus points for that.

Eventually, we should have polls for each FREAKIN CHARACTER.

I'd go crazy. Seriously, though... what say you?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Croc Megatron.

First of all, like a lot of flipchangers, a lot of robot kibble is visible from underneath - but croc Megs (and Iguanus) are pretty bad even by the standards of other BW flipchangers.

Secondly, a lot of people are pretty critical of flipchangers in general - they're like Jumpstarters or Battlechargers in essence, although in execution they're way cooler. I personally don't mind flipchangers that much, but as I said, BW Megs is pretty ordinary compared to most other flipchangers.

But otherwise it's not that bad a toy for a basic. Just not as nice as the other BW Megs IMO.

Transmetal Megatron is actually my favourite of the BW Megatron toys. Firstly, he looks pretty tight in his two primary modes. Okay sure, his vehicle mode isn't that crash hot, but all the Transmetal vehicle modes were just meant to be intermediate modes, not actual proper alt modes. Transmetals aren't triple changers. And as the cartoon demonstrated quite well, what the transport mode lacked in asthetic design it made up for in practicality, since it finally gave BW Megatron air superiority ("Flight is no longer your advantage, Optimus Primal!") - and I personally think the whole VTOL* things are really nifty! He's also the only BW Megatron other than croc Megatron who has a pair of hands. T-Rex Megatron had no hands, and the animators had to improvise by inventing a left hand for him and TM2 Megatron only has one hand two. I've never been a huge fan of seeing Megatron with a beast head for a hand as it just feels like the toy designers slacked out there. I like how his tail is a detachable weapon and it can also clip onto his hip-mounted holster.

Having the T-Rex head on Megatron's chest is kinda strange - but again, this was a running theme in all the Transmetals, and IMO Megatron's "beast features" in his robot mode were a lot more subtle than in other Transmetals - much moreso than Optimus Primal, whose robot mode really does look like an ape. Megatron's robot mode is clearly a robot but with a T-Rex motif. Primal's robot mode looks more bestial than his beast mode!

I also think that TM Megatron has some nice colours too - especially on the Japanese Metals version (very nice!). The paint apps on TM2 Megatron are better in execution what with the air brushing and all, but combined with the aforementioned factors, overall I would rate Transmetal Megatron as my favourite amongst all the BW Megatron toys.

*Vertical Take Off and Landing

BWs Megatron ruled.

G1 Megatron not so much.

Guest Brainiac

I hated the Aligator Megs. All Megatron and Prime (Primal) figures should be no smaller than Deluxe class. My favorite has got to be TM2 Megs. How can you not like that dragon alt mode.

I have to say TM Megatron is my favourite.

Although I dont have it, Alligator Megatron looks pretty crap.

Croc Megs kinda reminds me of an old man, whose ambition it is to have all the Snickers bars at the corner pharmacy.

cool toy, but weird as megs.

...Okay.

I have to say TM Megatron is my favourite.

Although I dont have it, Alligator Megatron looks pretty crap.

He did have an excellent amount of articulation, though. The original had a purple face, too... It looked more like Armada Demolisher.

And as the cartoon demonstrated quite well, what the transport mode lacked in asthetic design it made up for in practicality, since it finally gave BW Megatron air superiority ("Flight is no longer your advantage, Optimus Primal!")

...Well, I have to admit, the only thing cooler than a T-Rex is a flying T-Rex.

But... superiority? Eh, to each his own, since I can't really come up with an argument for it.

Still, TM2 Megs owned. That dragon beat the hell out of many Maximals. Still, the origin was pretty ridiculous.

Continue!

Croc Megs kinda reminds me of an old man, whose ambition it is to have all the Snickers bars at the corner pharmacy.

cool toy, but weird as megs.

I always see croc megs as the loser megatron that teachs other con/preds what to do if they want to do something.. Like a evil yoda or something.

Archived