Are you pissed with Michael Bay?

AutobotMarine

that wasn't me... but I do think we need to take off the rose-tinted glasses here

Mine are actually in lime. Not that that's important to any one.

I have yet to see the trailer in the theater but I have talked to a friend who saw it the trailer locally before ANATM. (Gotta get in on that but can't find the time. He's no TF fan by any stretch but the reaction was still positive. Showed it to another friend who came down & wanted to see the LFODH trailer. While it taking forever I brought up the TF trailer & after seeing it & commenting on how cool it looked he was pretty meh about another DH film. The last person I showed it to was the owner of a local games rental outlet & good friend, & he too thought it was a lot bigger & better than when he had first heard about it. So I guess that's three more in the audience opening night. :tftongue

About the audience responses. I honstly don't see a lot of these negative reactions happening because of what Bay, the designers, production did. I think people are reacting this way because it's a transformer movie, & a lot of them who probably couldn't care less let alone know a fandom existists are immediately thinking WTF? Why in the hell would anybody invest so much into a movie based on a Blotty cartoon from the 80s? Personally I'd rather have the WTF response opposed to all the laughter that would ensue if this had been in the hands of the fans. I think it would be like being in the theater & seeing the preview for Godzilla 2000 or what ever the hell that was where they again put the guy in the lizard suit.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I'm guessing that a lot of the negative reaction is just because it says "TRANSFORMERS" at the end. I can totally understand this as well; there are plenty of times when I'll see a trailer and be thinking "hey that looks interesting" and then they'll show the title at the end and it'll be "Ghost Rider" or something and then I'm all like :roll

no offense to Ghost Rider fans, of course

Since the trailer came out, I think alot of people have come around to at least giving it a fair chance...

With a few exceptions, mainly the only ones who are still adamantly against the new movie unconditionally are the geewun purists, who have been adamantly against EVERY new TF series since G1. :roll

There is no need in calling me out... then again I'm not a purists (except maybe for Optimus Prime) and I don't feel a race of advanced beings needs to form terds to fall from the sky. I'm...pffft...*insert mike bay roll eyes here*... I liked big boxy robots.

GAWD DAMNIT WHEN ARE THE NEW ALTS GONNA SHOW UP TO STIR UP MY HATE EVEN MORE FOR THIS MOVIE?!?!?

Most people I show the trailer to resppond with "Oh its a real movie". (As opposed to a fake film I made in my garage??? :wtf ) Then they usually go on to say it looks either:

a) Savage!

b) Suprisingly good (its a Bay film after all)

c) looks like a cult hit (girls with no concept of the film industry beyond Johnny Depp and Tim Burton tend to go for this one)

No one so far has said it looked bad BTW

Archived