Are you pissed with Michael Bay?

AutobotMarine

Well, I have been viewing lots of negative feedback upon the new Transformers movie. What I do not understand is this. How could the fans become so pissed and so resentful against Michael Bay over a movie that none of these fans have even seen yet? The designs are new and highly advanced, I admit that. But why can't the fans just realize and face the facts that this movie WILL have characters designs completely different from the G1 designs? Why is it so impossible for them to accept the fact? I also found this video bashing Michael Bay and Don Murphy, who are the people involved in the creation of this film:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAeQoAqJUbc...ted&search=

LOL Ridiculous......

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since the trailer came out, I think alot of people have come around to at least giving it a fair chance...

With a few exceptions, mainly the only ones who are still adamantly against the new movie unconditionally are the geewun purists, who have been adamantly against EVERY new TF series since G1. :roll

Since the trailer came out, I think alot of people have come around to at least giving it a fair chance...

With a few exceptions, mainly the only ones who are still adamantly against the new movie unconditionally are the geewun purists, who have been adamantly against EVERY new TF series since G1. :roll

That is why some of the G1 fans just ignore the hell out of me. They just are so reluctant to expand into any other series other than G1 and Beast Wars which have been off the air for years. It's quite obvious they will hate this movie due to the revamp of the every single transformer design. They hated Armada, Energon (which I can't blame them for), and Cybertron. They will always remain resistant and averse to any new TF series that Hasbro conceives, and especially to this film.

the designs work for me except for starscream. yes he's different and that's fine, but man he should NOT be fat! at least make him slender and with hands! he can have a new face as long as it can show the same sinister expressions G1 starscream had! if he is to match his G1 persona, he needs the same high pitched voice (it wouldnt seem right if his voice wasnt like that), and a fat robot with that kind of voice will NEVER go with that type of persona. there's no reason why he has to be so damn fat. a slender jet robot can still be made into the "movie look" without problems

but then again, it WAS an early prototype.... and i have seen changes with prime when i thought he was all done with. and he just gets cooler each time. the most recent pic of him is very nice and i hope that bay goes with that one for the movie

but i wish they would have gone with the same idea that i had with scorponok and make his scorpion mode be his bot mode. then give him a vehicle alt mode. THAT would be bringing something new to the table. who ever said bot modes had to be bipedal humanoids?

even if starscream is still the same Blotpile as we saw, the movie wont suck. because there are way more cooler robots than there are lousy ones.

I don't think it's completely accurate to say that this movie will be G1, or that it won't be G1. It's clearly based on the G1 premise of alien robots coming from Cybertron to present-day Earth, disguising themselves as Earth vehicles and continuing their war "among us". On the other hand, it is creating its own continuity (though that's certainly been done before), and it is decidedly different in its approach to the brand (i.e. not geared towards children/adolescents).

I personally don't think anyone should have expected the movie TFs to look like Japanese robot designs from 25 years ago. The movie is attempting to move Transformers forward, not fossilize it in an already dated visual aesthetic. But this has been said before.

I concur. I saw Prime and he's the Blot. Totally awesome Transformer, but what's up with the flames, that is my only concern of the character design. Megatron does look.... different, I can't really explain how detailed and monsterous Megatron appears as. Alright, he does look like a monster, but I'm fine with that.... he IS suppose to "look" evil! Starscream, uh... I didn't get a good glimpse for him, even though is looks a bit weird without hands. I have abseloutely nothing against Michael Bay and his perspective view on how the movie should be, he's done a good job from my point of view. This movie reminds me a bit of Jurassic Park with a Sci-Fi twist, it will totally kick hardcore buttocks.

the designs work for me except for starscream. yes he's different and that's fine, but man he should NOT be fat! at least make him slender and with hands! he can have a new face as long as it can show the same sinister expressions G1 starscream had! if he is to match his G1 persona, he needs the same high pitched voice, and a fat robot with that kind of voice will NEVER go with that type of persona. there's no reason why he has to be so damn fat

See, that's the logic that's hurting the responses to the film... not to single you out personally, of course, but it's a reboot. There's no reason for him to "match his G1 persona" any more than there has been in any of the recent lines with a "Starscream" charachter. Honestly, I'm thinking that most of the reused G1 names are going to be more for the purpose of ringing a mental bell of recognition in the people who might remember watching Transformers, but not much else. It's not supposed to be G1 Starscream, it's just a jet that turns into a robot and steps on humans who happens to share a name with G1 Starscream. It would be like saying that Bob Saget should be handy with power tools, because Bob Vila is handy with power tools, and they're both "Bob", so there's no reason that shouldn't be the case.

Archived