TF Movie Barricade Pilot screen caps

Bizzmoff

Still whoever/whatever he is, it sure looks the part.

And its one of my favourite bits in the trailer, which is full of awesome!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OMG. It's a hologram... I'm not sure why the hologram shifts the way it does, but they distinctly wrote that into the script from the beginning. It's just to show that... IT'S NOT A REAL PERSON. It's not Frenzy, but carry on with your ideas if you wish. If for some reason it does end up being Frenzy, then they changed that part.

but why does the hologram look like there's a robot underneth it? wouldn't it just get blurry or turn into static? and why doesn't the pilot helmet shift along with the head underneath it?

I'll try to explain what I think it is but it might be a bit hard to describe...

I think after Barricade gets shot at or damaged, the hologram flickers as we all saw. The robotic face that's flickering is a projected image of what the robots think they really look like (??). Say if your PC was sentient being and had it's own idea of what it's face looked like and could project it somehow on a hologram, that's what you'd see...

Hope you could understand that. Again, it's just my opinion however wacked it is. :eek

I know this probably won't be read since it's all the way back on page 3. I say this because even I did not read all 3 pages, so forgive me if this has already been said or discussed.

Remember when the movie was first being talked about? They said Soundwave was gonna be in it, he was gonna be a helicopter, and he was gonna have minions. They later said Soundwave was NOT gonna be in it cause everybody hated the idea of him being a copter. I think they just changed the name of the bot, but the concept is still there. A helicopter with minions. So more than likely, if that bot is not Frenzy, he was meant to be just like Barricade was meant to be Soundwave.

I know this probably won't be read since it's all the way back on page 3. I say this because even I did not read all 3 pages, so forgive me if this has already been said or discussed.

Remember when the movie was first being talked about? They said Soundwave was gonna be in it, he was gonna be a helicopter, and he was gonna have minions. They later said Soundwave was NOT gonna be in it cause everybody hated the idea of him being a copter. I think they just changed the name of the bot, but the concept is still there. A helicopter with minions. So more than likely, if that bot is not Frenzy, he was meant to be just like Barricade was meant to be Soundwave.

You may be correct sir. Plus, that scene may not even be in the movie - like others have said before.

...Why wouldn't they put that scene in the movie?

I'd say, to adapt, they scanned vehicles with pilots in them. It makes sense, because they couldn't disguise the "pilot" with an accurate, organic disguise, so they'd have to put a hologram over the robotic pilot.

I'm with the opinion it's a robot shielded by a flickering hologram.

I also don't think it flickers for the sake of audience. We're not that stupid. I'm pretty sure the guy in the tower (though I'm not sure how, Did he have binoculars, can't remember) see's it before he exclaims "My God" (WTF is that?) & Blackout transforms & blows everything up.

I really don't care that Blackout has a hologram disguised mini robot pilot. As long as it looks cool (does) & is explained somewhere in the script it's fine by me.

Those transforming phones however..... :stone

Archived