Wonder Festival and Toy Festival 2004

Guest Primal-Convoy

Guest Primal-Convoy

:tflaugh Minasan Konichiwa! :tflaugh

Here is the lowdown on the two festivals:

logo_wf2004_03.gif

Here is their (Japanese language) web site:

http://www.kaiyodo.co.jp/wf/index.html

(to view it in broken English, view it through this site: http://babelfish.altavista.com/ )

The Wonder Festival is basically a model-makers convention, showing stuff like Gundam Model Kits, Resin models, etc.  Takara MIGHT be there, in order to show off the new Energon Optimus Prime model kit-MAYBE.

Admission: 2,000 Yen (discounts for students and those with a pre-bought guide book)

header.gif

Japanese language web site:

http://member.nifty.ne.jp/toyfes/

(use babelfish to translate it)

English Web Site (I can't view it as it is blocked.  Might not work!)

http://member.nifty.ne.jp/toyfes/index-e.html

This is THE toy show for all toy enthusiasts in Japan!  The cost of admission is 1000 Yen on the day, but Takara WILL be here, showing off some new toys and stuff.  There are some "exclusive" items that can be bought (I think), including:

- "Micro man M111 トイフェス (trophies?) Ver.

Quantity: 1000 price: 2000 Yen schedule sale hour 13: 00 production origins: タカラ (gukara?)."

More info (from the site):

- 10th Tokyo toy festival opening important points -

Opening day

2004 February 22nd (day)

Opening time

10:00 - 17:00

Opening place

Tokyo international display room "big sight" west 4 holes

Sponsorship

Inquiry

Tokyo toy festival Executive Committee

〒 1231-0862 Kanagawa prefecture Yokohama city Ku Yamate 239 (Inc.) inside トイズプランニング

Tel 045 (621) 8655

(トイズプランニング: Murakami weekday AM. 10: 00 - PM5: 00)

FAX 045 (621) 8676

Illuminating Hisashi Kitahara honorable execution chairman (Inc.) the toe is

Execution chairman Nukata Hisashi virtue "figure king" chief editor

From Tokyo station

Tokyo -> -> -> Shinbashi -> -> -> international display room front gate

The JR Yamate line 4 minute lily rub 21 amount

Tokyo -> -> -> new wooden place -> -> -> international display room station

JR capital folium 10 minute seaside sub center line 5 minute

Tokyo eightfold state mouth -> -> -> Tokyo Bick sight

Capital barracks bus approximately 35 minutes

From Shinjuku station

Shinjuku -> -> -> international display room station

JR 埼 capital line seaside sub center line 25 minute

To change time, the waiting not being included

Both of these are events are ON THE SAME DATE (Februrary 22nd) AT THE SAME VENUE (Tokyo Odaiba "Big Sight/Site").

Here is some English info about the Tokyo Big Sight:

English web site (includes how to get there, maps, etc):

http://www.bigsight.jp/english/

Anyway, as the japanese would say "letsu Plizu Enjoiu!"!

See you there! :wave (I'll be the one looking like this! :

Monkeyland.jpg :tflaugh :clap :tflaugh

Primal Convoy (call me Craig)

The section of text you mention is:

・ミクロマンM111 トイフェスVer.

数量:1000個 価格:2000円 予定販売時間13:00製造元:タカラ

トイフェスVer - This says ToyFes Version, i.e. short for Toy Festival. 4 syllable abbreviations for EVERYTHING are totally vogue in Japan at the moment. To-i-Fe-Su...

タカラ - This says Takara in Japanese

Hope this helps decipher things for you... :tflaugh

I'm really hoping for a Decepticon combiner in the Energon line, since the true Decepticons are few on this line, and we have reached the technology to create an excellent combiner, and it would even things out with the Autobots, so please bring back pics if you see new Energon toys or exclusive TF's. :thumb

post-27-1077168048.jpg

Guest Primal-Convoy

hai! Gambarimasu!

Sorry for the poor translation with regards to "getting there". My work PC was banned from the English site regarding the Toy festival, so i HAD to use babelfish. Tokyo? it says "tokyo" when i translated it!

Tokyo Convoy-"Nihon ga karaikimaBlota ka? Anata no nihongo wa jozu ne! watashi no aka chan ga onaji ne?"

Folks, I will do my utmost to show you whats hot at the fest. However, i must warn you that takara have been showing less and less at Wonderfest over the years! If its just one table, PLEASE don't attack me!

lol...yes, Tokyo = Tokyo, but New Wooden Place refers to ShinKiba (I believe) 新木場 in Kanji...

I couldn't get into the English site either and I have no blocks on Internet, so it must be a problem...

Do you mean Nihon wa itsu kara ikimaBlota? - When did I first come to Japan? First about 8 years ago and have lived for about 4 years in total, on and off. Great place, for Transformers...lol

I have noticed at the fiars I have been to, there is rarely much new stuff that I haven't seen images of on the Net already. It is nice to see stuff up close though prior to it being available.

I am waiting for Stepper and Art Fire e-hobby releases now though...

I read somewhere that Takara is going to announce something new in the Transformers line at WonFes. Whether it's actually something we haven't heard about yet, well, we'll have to wait and see!

Who is actually going to this shindig? I know I am, and Primal Convoy, and I'm guessing Tokyo Convoy? And the question remains, with two shows in one building, which one do we go to first?!? (I think I'll be hitting WonFes first, me want an excl. R2D2 Kubrick!)

I think PC mentioned it earlier, these are kind of second-rate shows. Very little effort from the manufacturers, usually they'll just throw out some toys on a folding table. Definitely no glitz or glamour, no flashing lights or big snazzy signs. At WCC17 Takara even had a "no photographs" sign, they only had some lousy Microman figures anyway.

However, these are still lots of fun (if you can get an exclusive toy or two, otherwise you'll go home grumpy!). Insanely low prices in the dealer section (which takes up 80% of the floor space anyway, these are really more of a big flea market than toy show) also makes these shows very worthwhile! Make sure you bring lots of $$$CASSSSSSHHHHHH$$$!!! Word!

Archived