Transform. I SAID TRANSFORM!

The Interlink

yeah, the alternators are kinda tough the first couple times.  The car bros are odd as well, xbrawn especially.

Sideburn was much worst than xbrawn to me...some would say these things are over engineered but to tell u the truth I would rather them be a challenge than them being too easy. :thumb

I like my TF transformations like my women: Easy.

Just kidding. Well, about the women part anyways. I do prefer an easier Transformation though. Not Spychanger easier (!), but something along the lines of Energon and Armada is good for me.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
yeah, the alternators are kinda tough the first couple times.  The car bros are odd as well, xbrawn especially.

Sideburn was much worst than xbrawn to me...some would say these things are over engineered but to tell u the truth I would rather them be a challenge than them being too easy. :thumb

Yes Sideburn was a pain, and sometimes still is, especially his chest. RID Prime also took some time before I fully understood every one of his modes completely.

The Autobots Bros were a pain the first couple times for me. Alt Smokescreen was a pain in the ass for a few days (haven't picked up Sideswipe yet). And I had to figure out Unicron on my own when I got him (since I left the instructions at work that night). 'Course, I was kinda used to the 'having to figure out' part, since most of my first TFs were bought from yard sales as a kid. I had to figure out all of them till BW came out. But that was half the fun. :thumb

The car brothers were a challenge, though Prowl was the easiest of the three. Sideburn is just awkward, and X-brawn I had trouble getting the legs to fit right. Same problem I have with Smokescreen, though now if I transform it, I take my time to not wear out the joints. Unicron was a pain the first time, but i picked it up easily after that. But my real problem lies with Ultra Magnus from RID, that sucker you have to take apart put back together and still some of the pieces look like they dont fit.

I go slow with new TF's, since I've got an almost fully photographic memory, then I never forget how to transform a TF after transforming it once. BT Smokescreen was simple for me, it was RID Ultra Magus that was hard, that stupid battery pack is annoying.

-Chuckles

The biggest problem with the Autobot bros. is that they are not nearly as symetrical as older trasnformers. look at x-brawn, and compare him to trailbreaker, If you can figure out where rilbreaker's left arm is you have a pretty good idea where his right one is. That was completely different with the RID autobot brothers.

Unicron was MUCH harder to BUILD than to transform in my opinion, He's really not that tricky once you get him all together properly (yeah I had a problem with geting him together right :tftounge )

as for alternators: well I'll agree Smokescreen was a pain to get used to (and even a pain to transform!) , My only real problem with Sideswipe was it was hard to figure out where to start. I'll have to admit they did an excellent job of hiding his seams in alt mode.

Guest Krusty The Klown

alt sideswipe was a pain in getting back to car mode, i didnt know i had to do something with his hands as the instructions were a bit vague

I've always liked easy to TF TF's... :redface

I was afraid that Unicron was gonna be a Starscream, but he's wicked easy. I could never get the stupid wings on though...until I transformed him into his planet mode...now I can't get them off. Oh well.

Smokescreen was hard the first time because the instructions were so hard to understand...but once I did it once it was easy enough. He's been sitting in robot mode for a while, and I went to transform him, and I had no idea what I was doing, I was totally lost! But the problem was, someone was there that I was showing him to, so I didn't want to go get his instructions and look like some TFing novice who can't do it without instructions. I acted like i was busy with something else and was only half trying. Eventually I figured him out. Phew.

Archived