Your First Transformer

Pessimist Prime

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Beast wars Razorclaw. *gazes fondly at one-armed missile-less Razorclaw action figuer*

The first brand new one I got was G2 Sideswipe, followed up by Jazz, Ramjet(what an ugly color scheme), Prime, Bumblebee, the Constructicons, the Combaticons(though I broke Onslaught's arm by accident) and Megatron. These were the ones that had been bought for me, and I have all of these-except Jazz, who my sister stepped on-to date.

I got a bunch of G1 figures from my dad's co-workers kids who had outgrown them, but most were broken, pretty rough condition, or missing/broken parts and weapons. These included Galvatron(minus the arm cannon, so practically useless), two Perceptors(both with the microscope broken), Soundwave(pretty loose joints, but everything there), Slag(minus weapons), the Combaticons(no Onslaught or Bruticus parts; Vortex's blades + weapons missing, same for Blast Off, Brawl's cannon broke), Aerialbots(no weapons or Silverbolt), 2 Blitzwings(one with no turret), Targetmaster Quake(with no weapons OR his targetmasters)..yeah, I think thats about all.

Also found some weapons belonging to ones they didn't give me, like Metroplex( :tdown ), Soundwave and Blaster's tapes, Prowl, Tracks, Springer, and Rodimus Prime. Bastards..

The first one I vividly remember getting was a Sandstorm triplechanger for my 6th birthday, in 1986.

The only one I still have from my youth is a Broadside triplechanger - no guns, missles or axe, and no stickers. But a wonderful piece of nostalgia for me.

My first Transformers toys were IRONHIDE , LAZERBEAK and RAVAGE. Shortly after, my whole block of friends started collecting Transformers. Some got into GI-JOE but I was always a true-blue-die-hard fan. I got BUMBLEBEE some time later and he was always in my pocket. I have him on my keychain right now. :tftongue

My first TF was G1 Sunstreaker in '84. I spent my allowance on him. Later that year for Christmas I got Optimus Prime (with silver Roller and missiles), Thundercracker and Soundwave (sadly, I never got any extra tapes for him so I was stuck with Buzzsaw). All of Christmas day I never got to play with Prime because my dad kept playing with him. Both Prime's legs eventually broke and I think I sold him for about $10 bucks at our garage sale when we moved in '92. He got replaced though. Now the only figs I buy are versions of Prime and some of the bigger figures (Unicron, Megs... etc.). I keep Prime in his Prime shrine with about 20 other versions ranging from G1 to Energon. If they ever re-release Sunstreaker, I'll have to get him for the nostalgia value.

:tflaugh My first was definitely Optimus and megatron.....both pre rub for x-mas 83-84? followed that with jet-fire and sideswipe for my b-day ,Soundwave was one of my favorites . soundwave is so loose from all the kid abuse...I just replaced him with a Takara reissue :clap :clap now he can stand up again...and it never stopped .still collecting to this day gotta love the power they have over us all huh? :tftongue

Archived