Your First Transformer

Pessimist Prime

My first was Trailbreaker, still one of my favorite characters in '84. Soon after got Wheeljack, Ratchet. Mirage, Prowl, Starscream, Skywarp, Optimus and Megatron for Birthday and Christmas (3 months apart). :clap

I think I actually do still have him stored in a footlocker at in grandmother's basement. Now I hafta go there and get him. Nostalgia time!!! :clap

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sunstreaker in 1984!! My mother bought it for me because it was.... yellow... one of my brothers had Optimus Skywarp and Mirage and the other got Ironhide ( ugh.. ugly souvenirs...) Still have Sunstreaker... minus 1 fist, 2 missiles, the 2 yellow things on the shoulders...

COME ON HASBRO!! REISSUE SUNSTREAKER!!! PLEASE!!!

G1 jetfire, still have him, paint damage...but otherwise, in good condition.

Sidways vs axer the RID Target exclusive. 

I think that is the one you are talking about. 

http://bwtf.com/tfrid/toys/reviews/sideway...ndex.shtml#axer

This is over at bwtf.com, he has some great pics, I think this is the one you are looking for.

No, that's not the guy. It was some original transformer figure from way back when. It even said Transformers on it. It had a light up exhaust, was mostly black with some gold, and had more of a windshield than the set you showed me.

Edit: Whoops! Yeah, that's the one, only I have the original Road Pig. That will teach me to make sure to look at all the pictures.

First one I really remember getting was the stegosaurus dinobot, forgot the name. Then a G2 Dreadwing/smokescreen and Megatron for a friend.

Snarl, wasn't it?

My first few TF's were all pre-rub insigs in the fatefull year of 84! Bumblejumper was the first one I got and the first to loose, I got Hound during a presidents day sale at Mervyn's California albit when they still sold toys, pre TF Soundwave i.e Takara Microman Cassette Man with Laserbeak and pre TF Shockwave. :tfgrin

The first TransFormer that was mine and not "claimed" from my brother was G2 Optimus Prime. If it wasn't for my grandparents remembering the name of that damned TV show I'd watch all the time at their house, I would probably not be as big a fan as I am today.

The first transformer that entered my home was Double Spy from G1. If anyone remembers, it's the robot that has both autobot and decepticon forms. The first transformer that is truly mine is Takara's reissue of Starscream bought 3 years ago.

Archived