Your First Transformer

Pessimist Prime

Who was your first Transformer? When did you get it? Do you still have it? My first TF was a Bumblejumper (packaged in a Cliffjumper card). I got him in '84. I still have him, but he's minus a head and a tire! :tfsad

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually got 4 at the same time.

Ravage and Rumble(G1 cartoon had Frenzy as Rumble's color, but in actuality Rumble was red and black).

Cliffjumper

Megatron

I got them for Christmas in 1984.

Got thundercracker the night before christmas from a costumed Santa - couldnt wait to open it... didnt play with anything else christmas morning... Father gave me 30 bucks and took me to ToyRus for my birthday... spent the whole amount on UltraMagnus...(dad flipped out) Still have them... Still love them like a kid.

I got Megatron in the summer of 1984. I broke his arms by accident (so angry) and sold the parts on eBay a few years back. Those $$$ were enough to buy another MINTY (non reissue) Megs. Ah, the power of eBay.

My first set of Transformers were the technobots that form Computron. For my 5th Christmas my parents and grandparents went around and found all 5. for me. THey were the first, and _definately_ not the last.

I still have the original Scattershot, Nosecone, Afterburner, and Strafe...Lightspeed was left at a Denny's countless years ago...Nosecone's head has broken off, strafe is fine, and they have all lost their stickers. I have since bought a new strafe (with stickers), and a new nosecone and Lightspeed. However, I'm only missing a couple individual parts, I have all the combiner ones still.

Funny story, my dad was transforming scattershot for me on Christmas morning, in front of all the relatives. (Side note: They were all in town to see our new house and my newborn sister). When my dad gets him into robot mode, the torso was swung 180 degrees from where it should be. As a result, the robot looks exactly like it should, other than the fact that his huge rocket backpack ended up in the front, hanging down like a you-know-what. He hit the button on it just to think that maybe it would cause it to swing back or something, but instead it opens to reveal to white halves, and an extended shaft. He was in shock and all the rest were laughing their butts off. He's like, wait a minute, that's not what the picture on the box shows!

So yeah....that's probably more than what you were looking for :D

-Turbine

I remember getting Windcharger from a Ben Franklin store, my Grandma bought him for me. I remember it because it was the first toy bought for me that I got to pick out myself, and it was before the Transformers cartoon had even aired for the first time. I wanna think I was only in preschool at the time. Then a few weeks later, my mom bought me Brawn and my brother Huffer, and then we discovered the cartoon on the TV :) Needless to say, it started quite the obsession ;)

G1 Sideswipe, pre-rub symbol. I was already into Go-Bots at the time, so I knew all about Transformers, just had to wait for them to get released. When they were, I started collecting just about all of G1 (stopped at Headmasters).

The day after I got Sideswipe, I went back to that same store to get Starscream.

Archived