Prices of Classics at TRU

Satan's Camaro

*Pays £10 for Deluxe*

That's, ohhh, $18.

Suddenly, paying $14.99 CDN for a deluxe does sound so bad...

1. We're not importing them.

2. We're used to paying less than $10.99

3. TRU is charging about $3 more for an item I can buy for $10 less than a mile down the road.

1. The toys are made in China, no?

2. Not even going to comment on that...

3. So go to the store a mile down the road and save the $3?

....just saying..

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The fact that Classics are $9.99 everywhere else makes the price at TRU make no sense to us. Add that to the fact that the Voyager sized Classics, along with Titaniums and a lot of other non-Transformers toys, are pretty much the same in price as elsewhere. So, the higher price for Deluxe sized Classics toys makes no sense at all.

well TRU is planning to be more of a "kitshie" specialty shop to carry more exclusives and more stuff you'd normally see on line. We have been warned about this long ago.

Actually I was surprised to see that the deluxes were still @ $10 the last time I was there (when I got my Transformer movie DVD).

in NY TRU hijack the prace for prime and meg to 22.99

Heh. The first time and only time I came across Prime he was about 40 CND. Though a specialty shop I know for fact he and Megatron will be about 30 cnd everywhere else. More so with the taxes us Canadians pay on pratically everything we buy.

Dare I say it? I think that Toys R Us is trying to make up the slack od their Cybertron figures being price slashed. In a twisted way it balances out.

Before TRU came into town in the Denver, Colorado area, we had 2 other toy store chains, Lionel Playworld and Children's Palace. Both were pretty competitive price-wise with the other retailers (Target, Kmart, Walmart was not in Denver yet). Then, for whatever reason, both toy stores started raising their prices. It got to be so bad that even Montgomery Wards and Sears both had the same toys for cheaper. Within a year or so, both toy stores closed their doors for good.

It just seems to me like TRU is following that same formula. I'd hate to see them go, but if they're going to keep up with the price-gouging, there's not a whole lot I'm going to say about it. We've already had several TRU stores close in the past few years (one this past spring), it looks to be near the end of the line for them here. :tfsad

Archived