Prices of Classics at TRU

Satan's Camaro

I was at TRU today perusing the TF section, and I noticed that the deluxe Classics are now priced at $12.99, which is up from $10.99. Now, at Target they are $9.99 each. I feel like I got a deal now from BBTS where I got them for roughly $11.74 each lol

Has anyone else noticed this, or is it just a glitch in my area?

And if it isn't a glitch, does anyone know why?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They are now $12.99 at my TRU as well and they were $10.99 when Classics first started appearing on the shelves. And yet, their Megatron and Optimus Prime are still $19.99.

When I saw that price I was like, "Who the hell do they think they are, charging that much?"

What's really odd is that the majority of their toys are pretty much the same price as they are elsewhere. Their Marvel Legends are a dollar more, and yet their McFarlane Sports figures are less than KayBee's price.

I don't get why TRU is charging so much for the Deluxe Classics. That seems to be all over. Then again I read Target is raising prices on Star Wars basic figures just because they can.

Apart from Deluxe Classics, I really think everything's more expensive at KB (unless you happen to find something on sale).

It's shoplifters that are part of the problem. One of my dad's friends is an economist. He tells me that shoplifters are part of the problem because when they take an item, the store loses money, and if it happens enough, they have to raise prices to make up for the financial loss of the lifted items.

Also, the economy in general can have something to do with it. Or the value of the American dollar has gone up or down and they want to prevent losses.

Okay. TRU is close to being on the list of no go stores with KMart and KB.

Archived