OTFCC

Fortress_Maximus

Silverbolt, thanks for sharing! Honestly it does sound interesting, but I wonder which con will be better OFTCC or Botcon. Both will be occurring within a few weeks of each other, do you know anyone who plans on going to both?

I know they are both expensive so from what I can tell Botcon this year has the better guest list, but what about the dealers rooms? From your experiences do dealers have good deals or rare finds are reasonable prices?

Also, I’ve gone to AnimExpo twice and it has gotten steadily worse so I refuse to go now. As such do you know from your experiences have you seen dealers selling TF animation production cels?

As for OFTCC’s exclusive what exactly is the Mega Zarak repaint of Armada Megatron? When you mention Zarak I think of Sporkinok for some reason. Do you have a pic? Is Mega Zarak similar to the Armada Galvatron?

I don’t think they’ve confirmed the exclusive for Botcon yet, do you know if they have?

Lastly, how much is pre-registration and hotel costs for both nights? I am wondering if there is a package deal, do you know anything about this? Thanks for all your help!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really want that Mega Zarak...

This is how I understand it, please correct me if I'm wrong:

Botcon's been around for ten years, but last year (the ninth one) was also called the Official Transformers Collector's Convention (OTFCC). Now this year they are having one last Botcon to celebrate the twentieth anniversary of TF's and tenth of Botcon. So this is the last year of Botcon, and the first of the two being separated. I think OTFCC will definetly be better...but like I said I can't go... :tfsad :tfsad I wanna go!!!! :chicken

I would love to go to both as well, just can't afford it. OTFCC will be in Chicago, which is just a 30 min train ride away for me. I should definitely try to go to that one.

Yup, you can just show up at the show and pay for door admission.

Botcon is an unofficial convention, so, there will not be any TF exclusives, and, Hasbro will not be in attendance. I would doubt that other companies like Dreamwave or Palisades would attend as well, because of the unofficial status. I guess the exclusive is a living one, an appearance by G1 Prime voice actor Peter Cullen.

Here is all the info available on the 2004 convention, including the registration form with costs, so far ... you can find it at this link

WRX-78 Thanks for the info on Mega Zarak!

Mega Zarak looks interesting in black, just do not like the baby blue. Yuk! :tfhuh :tdown

Yeah, I think that Botcon isn't official so no exclusives which IMO sucks, there should be something worth your time for going there. Botcon’s two exclusive from 2003 were very cool, but even buying both online won’t cost as much as attending.

I do not think it is worth going to BotCon IMO, considering how expensive it all is, for admission, lodging, airfare, food and then… whatever remains you blow on TF. IMO its not worth spending all that money to attend, which is another reason why I quit going to the poorly organized AnimExpo, all the expenses. If anyone is considering going to AnimExpo, two words DO NOT!

I am certain people will sell the Mega Zarak after OFTCC, I need to see how expensive the entire con is plus lodging, and airfare. They should have packaged deals to encourage people to go, buying each separately sucks and costs us, potential attendees more money.

It's odd on the OFTCC board they are too strict about asking questions about the con. That is stupid there are people who’ve never attended, myself included and IF I do not get answers I certainly will not go.

Speaking of ?s, what the hell is this registration add on… Extra TF Universe Hotel Exclusive fr $26? TF: The Wreckers and TF Universe “Last Autobot”? I am wondering what ARE the most expensive ones the $45, $50, etc, are these comics or TF toys? WTF?

Can anyone help explain? Thanks!

Archived