OTFCC

Fortress_Maximus

What can you share about your experiences?

What are the pros and cons of joining?

How long have you been in the OFTCC?

Also do you plan on going to 2004 meeting?

What is the exclusive this year? Got pics? Thanks for sharing!

:thumb

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I was gonna go to the convention...but I ended up being busy that weekend... :tfsad

The club, well, I just don't see any reason to join. A non-transformable guy and a magazine. NOT WORTH IT. Now maybe the magazine is worth it, but I don't know, because I've never seen one. Come on now.

I've never been to the convention, though hopefully I'll go next year...and the club...BLEEAAHH.

I attended my second con this past year, and, all in all, I had a great time. Staying at the hotel, while expensive, has it's added incentives ... the least of which being an exclusive toy. This past year it was the RID Prowl to Sunstreaker repaint, this year is the Mega Zarak repaint of Armada Megatron. Also, by staying there, you can easily go up to your room at any time during the day between panels and such, as sometimes, the day does get quite long.

Then there is added incentive of a real community feeling .. just being around other fans. The buzz can get quite electric, especially before, during, and after the Hasbro panel. Parts trading parties, fan events with the sites/boards (which there are even MORE of this year, and TFans will be amongst those involved!), the Transgeneration party on Saturday night (which gets a new room this year, bigger than last years, more prizes, TFans will be involved in this as well), and all the panels and such.

Venture down to the bar on any night and you are likely to find your community buddies and members of the TF world such as Gary Chalk, David Kaye, Simon Furman, the guys from dreamwave kicking back with a drink or two or at the pool table. Trust me ... don't challenge Chalk. The guy can be three sheets in the wind and still beat any fan in attendance at pool. I know. I think I still have marks from that beating.

There can be some things that go wrong, such, as the plates not arriving for the dinner last year, etc ... but as far as fan experiences and the "live" community, it's a nice time.

I attended my second con this past year, and, all in all, I had a great time. Staying at the hotel, while expensive, has it's added incentives ... the least of which being an exclusive toy. This past year it was the RID Prowl to Sunstreaker repaint, this year is the Mega Zarak repaint of Armada Megatron. Also, by staying there, you can easily go up to your room at any time during the day between panels and such, as sometimes, the day does get quite long.

Then there is added incentive of a real community feeling .. just being around other fans. The buzz can get quite electric, especially before, during, and after the Hasbro panel. Parts trading parties, fan events with the sites/boards (which there are even MORE of this year, and TFans will be amongst those involved!), the Transgeneration party on Saturday night (which gets a new room this year, bigger than last years, more prizes, TFans will be involved in this as well), and all the panels and such.

Venture down to the bar on any night and you are likely to find your community buddies and members of the TF world such as Gary Chalk, David Kaye, Simon Furman, the guys from dreamwave kicking back with a drink or two or at the pool table. Trust me ... don't challenge Chalk. The guy can be three sheets in the wind and still beat any fan in attendance at pool. I know. I think I still have marks from that beating.

There can be some things that go wrong, such, as the plates not arriving for the dinner last year, etc ... but as far as fan experiences and the "live" community, it's a nice time.

Damn sounds like fun...

Archived