Wanna know what's missing from the Classics line?

Gundam Kai

Guest Brainiac

What's missing are trailers for Prime and Magnus. Something's wrong when Bumblebee is the only Autobot with a trailer. Love to see a Classics Galvatron or Perceptor or even *gasp* Cyclonus. Yeah that would be tight.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...shows aren't part of a toy line. For Transformers, they exist to market the toy line.

I know what you're saying, but it's kinda unfair to criticise the toyline itself for lacking a show to support it - they're two separate entities. After all, Binaltech/Alternators don't have a show... although BT was also marketed with text stories included with each toy (and it was neat how each BT gave you a new chapter).

Basically, the Classics line needs a story - whether it's in the form of text, comics or a cartoon.

So while I would agree that the Classics line needs (i.e.: would be greatly assisted by) a story, I would disagree with the statement that the toy line is missing a story - and thus suggesting that somehow a Transformers toy line is incomplete without a story to market it.

Besides, there are plenty of TF lines out there that have no stories...

i was gonna say a new galvatron... think theyll make one?

With the trend they've been going with Megatron/Galvatron, they most they might do is give him a slightly different head, same body. I hope not, but I wouldn't be too surprised. The kiddies will be like "WTF, this can't be Galvatron, he looks nothing like Megatron at all."

...Besides, there are plenty of TF lines out there that have no stories...

I can't think of any aside from...oh wait, just thought of a few aside from Alts.

There's also Titanium. Oh wait. That's only one.

Lemme see:

G1-comic/cartoon

G2-comic

BW-show (recent comic mini-series by IDW)

BM-show

Universe-comic

Armada-cartoon/comic

Energon-cartoon/comic

Cybertron-cartoon

Movie toys-movie, duh

Now as for Classics. Some people consider it a continuation of G1 after some point (I'm not sure what the general timeline area of agreement is) and whatever happened after said point is one possible future, while what the Classics series represents is another future.

Chiggy Von Richthofen wrote this almost in an attempt to make a decent story for it to support being a continuation of G1.

well seeing as how we're getting tow megatron molds this time around, they werent going to be so lazy, and maybe give us a galvatron mold.

*remembers ultra magnus repaint*

ok nevermind.

well, that set is an exclusive, so it's not so bad.

Archived