Any word on Classics Dirge and Thrust?

Michael Dracon

:tflaugh :tflaugh :tflaugh

Wow, then we really have no clue as to what well get in wave 2. That's amazing that Hasbro has been able to keep so tightly under wraps the deep dark secrets of wave 2 classics.

So everything we've seen so far wave 3, yeah right!?!?!?!

I agree, I think we've seen everything we're going to in the way of original molds for the Classic line.

Repaints, that's another matter.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well here's a thought. when looking at the tags from the Con picks for ramjet and other figures, their release date is for MArch (or April) of 07. So is it likly that Hasbro will give us only 6 figures now and hope we'll be happy with the six till spring or is there another wave planed for the winter which makes the Ramjet/cliffjumper/mincon wave number 3?

BTW figures I couldn't see tags for were Jetfire, Mirage and grimlock. Doesn't mean that these are wave 2 or coming sooner, just means based on the pix I can't tell. Anyone here at the cone and can remember the release date on these 3 autobots?

I feel a need to state that Cosmos is not confirmed. Hasbro showed some preview art for him at Botcon and stated he is one of the characters they would like to do if/when they continue the line after the movie stuff is done.

Yeah, I thought that too, but I wasn't sure if I missed some news between Botcon and now...

I think we'll see several figures which show up in more than one wave.

Shortpacked figures could show up in two waves.

I also would not rule out repaints from other lines which might be produced more quickly with a reduced chance of tests/protos leaking out.

Also, there are characters I can fairly easily imagine redecos for. Maybe a slightly more G1 Hot Rod deco with a minicon pack or something.

I could also see Jetfire being redecoed as Triggerhappy.

And there are TONS of homages in the same scale that could get a paint tweak.

Cybertron Blurr suggests to me that Armada Wheeljack may turn up as Classics Sideswipe (and maybe Sunstreaker) with the chest scar removed and the Minicon gimmick internalized.

I thought it was like this:

Wave one:

Deluxe: Bumblebee, Astrotrain, Starscream and Rodimus (2 of each per case of 8)

Voyager: Prime and Megatron

Wave two:

Deluxe: Mirage and Grimlock subsitute in (only one of each though, along with 6 from wave 1)

Voyager: Jetfire added to the mix

Wave three: Ramjet and Cliffjumper added to the box of 8, it could be one of each character or only figures from wave 2 and 3.

Voyager: nothing else has been shown or revealved

add to that the Tanl Megs vs Prime 2 packn for general release

Target Exclusive Skywarp vs Magnus

and the Walmart exclusive (correct me if thats wrong) Devestator energon recolour set.

and thats probably all we are getting before the, anything else is wishful thinking.

But I would eat up any repaints/remolds of a seeker in classics, if they do anymore

Archived