To Bee or no to Bee

Snowman81

I was just sitting her look at some model car catalogs (free from exoticcar.com), and I noticed was that I could help but find a bit odd. There is like four different manufactures of model VW New Beetles...needless to say that not the odd part. But I’m thinking to my self if VW were willing to license the New Beetle to four separate manufactures then why not Hasbro/Takara.

The Only thing I could think is that VW wanted more money than Hasbro/Takara were willing to pay. Or maybe the rumors that if there is a bumble bee in alternators he wont be a New Beetle are untrue. Anyone on the board knows for a fact what the story is…key word being “fact”.

No fact. Only speculation that VW doesn't want to be associated with war toys.

The original name for the "people's car" was  Kdf - Kampf Durch Freude -  The Strength through Joy Wagon. 

VW - A radical product purchased only by the counter culture.

Featured an air cooled engine (in back), superior mileage,  tires that last 60,000 miles, no "this year's" status model, so replacement parts were always the same. It took you places cheaply.

Volkswagen - Major German automobile manufacturer, founded by the German government in 1937 to mass-produce a low-priced automobile Headquarters in Wolfsburg. The company was originally operated by the German Labor Front (Deutsche Arbeitsfront), a Nazi organization to build "the people's car."

Ferdinand Porsche was brought in to design the car and he conceived the original design in September 1931. Porsche's design, Hitler's mandate, was to be called the Kdf (Kraft-durch-Freude, Strength through Joy Wagon)  permanently ruining any possible marketing future.

Yeah, so it's an image thing. :)

He would just be too perfect. And I find it hilarious that Germany, of all countries, is so afraid of even mentioning war. Predtending it didn't happen doesn't mean it didn't, Germany. We don't hold it against you, loosen up.

You know, just in case Germany reads this board.

I had posted this idea in another thread, but I don’t know if people weren’t feeling it in that thread. I saw a pic of a car the other day, its was a 2004 Fiat Trepiuno Concept, I recolored it yellow to see if it would make a good alt mode for Bumblebee.

post-5-1076956110.jpg

Here some links to the uncolored (unmolested) version:-

http://autoz.org/w/fiat/Fiat_Trepiuno_Concept_2004_001.jpg

http://autoz.org/w/fiat/Fiat_Trepiuno_Concept_2004_003.jpg

http://autoz.org/w/fiat/Fiat_Trepiuno_Concept_2004_004.jpg

Archived