MP Prime box not bilingual?

darkyoji

Hey I'm just curious I just bought my MP Prime and man is it nice, then i took a look at the box. Since i'm from Canada eh i noticed there wasnt any french on it, shocking, is this even legal then?? Any fellow canucks notice the non frenchness?

so what mp convoy's box is all in japanese.

It's not bilingual? I never bothered to check.

If that is indeed the case, I'll expect to see it pulled from store shelves in Quebec any minute now as a violation of language laws. I'm glad I got mine quickly.

It's cause of english only text on the boxes that us Quebec folk never got RiD Scourge or AAOP.

In the US there's no law saying that packaging can't be english only, and all the 20th primes produced so far were intended for US market. Some got shipped to canada for sale there, probably until the bilingual boxed version is released.

Looking at the packaging, this is one toy I would definately hate to see in bi/tri-lingual packaging. There's very little extra space for text as it is and all that extra text would just make it look all kinds of ugly...

I got mine here at a Toys r Us in Montreal and it was in English text only. There were about 10 items and all were gone in a week. Sold out before the language police got to them. (oppressors of the english language, DAMN Them!)

I still don't understand why toys have to be bilingual here in Canada when the cartoon and comic are in english only. Heck, even the french collector dudes prefer the only english packaging found in the U.S..

What they should do is produce cases of 50/50 ratios here in Quebec. Half are english only and the other half are french only.

I think bilingual packages are a strategy used by the government to slowly bilingualize the entire nation. Well, I've been living in Montreal my whole life and i am still not fully bilingual. I never even bother reading the french text.

What burns me the most about this is that, on star wars and Gi joe packs, they remove some of the english text to accomodate the french. We basically get half the story. :tdown

Archived